Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
My predictions for routes:

DCA-BOS
DCA-JFK
LGA-BOS
DCA/LGA-Florida
LGA-LGB on Saturdays
How about more nonstop DCA-TPA/RSW/PBI/ORD/LAX/SFO/JAX/SJU/NAS/RDU/CLT/RIC.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 4:27 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N830MH
It will just be a combination of highly travelled routes and possibly connections from LGA to another hub airport for JetBlue like DCA or whatnot.

The swaps should happen soon so JetBlue should have the new routes on its website along with WestJet in the near future.

But this whole slot swap deal improves air travel across the board with phaseout of smaller jets, and the addition of more Delta flights and JetBlue and Westjet. After its completed, LaGuardia will be getting even better. Parking lot was redone as well for those who drive to the airport. One of the parking lots was a true mess which has been redone.

Little by little, airports are getting better as well as the routes after each and every deal made.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
DCA-RIC I doubt there is much demand for

LAX/SFO are out of the question because there is a 1500 mile perimeter out of DCA except for specifically authorized slots which are already held
Old Nov 29, 2011, 8:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
My predictions for routes:

DCA-BOS
DCA-JFK
LGA-BOS
DCA/LGA-Florida
LGA-LGB on Saturdays
+1
Old Nov 29, 2011, 9:40 am

What about DCA - HOU? I realize there's not even a HOU - BOS route yet, but it seems like an attractive route to me--top 10 ex-DCA route to a top business center that on a route served by only one other carrier who flies to a different airport.

Of course, there's a good chance Southwest may be jumping on the route once the AirTran merger is complete.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:04 pm

My prediction is that, since they so overpaid for these slots, they now have to make money on them. Don't look for them to be in routes to Florida or any destination that is a low yield route. They need to make a lot of money on the routes.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA1K
i could see DCA-JFK to feed into that hub...no way they go to LGA. i'd be shocked if they did with all of the competition. ORD would be interesting. one route i'd take a stab at is AUS. they could make that a connection point to get to the west coast if it's timed properly.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by haddon90
i could see DCA-JFK to feed into that hub...no way they go to LGA. i'd be shocked if they did with all of the competition. ORD would be interesting. one route i'd take a stab at is AUS. they could make that a connection point to get to the west coast if it's timed properly.
DCA - AUS is unfortunately 60 miles outside of the DCA perimeter.

I think there is a slight chance of DCA-LGA, particularly if the relationship with AA is expanded. But I hope they use the slots to go elsewhere. My preference DCA-LGA is Amtrak.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 12:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta SM, Marriott Plat , Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, IHG Spire
DCA Gates

B6 is currently in Terminal A with Airtran, Spirit, Frontier and Air Canada. Any others? Will they be able to use all those slots at their one gate?
Old Dec 2, 2011, 3:38 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Between the CO/UA merger and transfer of slots from DL to US in combination with the new slots for B6, there will be lots of gate shuffling at DCA in the near future.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 3:50 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Dreamworks
B6 is currently in Terminal A with Airtran, Spirit, Frontier and Air Canada. Any others? Will they be able to use all those slots at their one gate?
They currently already have 2 gates (1 & 9) in Terminal A. They should be fine gate capacity with the slots they have for a while.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by dcAA
DCA - AUS is unfortunately 60 miles outside of the DCA perimeter.

I think there is a slight chance of DCA-LGA, particularly if the relationship with AA is expanded. But I hope they use the slots to go elsewhere. My preference DCA-LGA is Amtrak.
that's right...for some reason i thought it was 1,500 not 1,250. 1,500 is LGA.

man they need to lift those dumb perimeter restrictions.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 3:40 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
I doubt they're going to try to run up against the US and DL shuttles.
The new lots will likely be targeted to business travelers, a JetBlue spokesperson told the Journal, especially since the key New York-to-Washington route represents a common shuttle line for corporate and political travelers.

DCA makes sense for JetBlue out of LaGuardia. Considering JetBlue got slots out of DCA + LGA, they can increase traffic loads and provide better connectivity at these two airports.

The USAirways divestiture essentially making LaGuardia airport that much better with better carriers across the board.

USAirways could merge with American Airlines as speculated upon after American Airlines bankruptcy.

Hopefully this leads to improvements at LaGuardia airport in the future. Right away it means more larger jets from JetBlue + Westjet and Delta at LaGuardia and less regional USAirways service.

Last edited by adamj023; Dec 3, 2011 at 3:59 am
Old Dec 4, 2011, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by adamj023
DCA makes sense for JetBlue out of LaGuardia. Considering JetBlue got slots out of DCA + LGA, they can increase traffic loads and provide better connectivity at these two airports.
I wouldn't completely rule out JetBlue competing with DL and US for the shuttle routes, but I don't think its a great idea. Even if you take all of their slots and devote them to DCA-LGA, DCA-BOS, LGA-BOS shuttle routes, JetBlue will still have only about 2/3 of the flight frequencies that US does. If they want to compete on the shuttle route, I would just compete ex-BOS and fully match the shuttle schedules (assuming their slots permit it). Besides not having enought slots, the DCA-LGA route has the added Amtrak competition that isn't anywhere near as strong LGA-BOS.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 7:18 pm

I agree with PVDtoDEL.
7 daily LaGuardia-Boston E190
+2 daily LaGuardia-Fort Lauderdale A320

+5 daily National-Boston E190
+2 daily National-Fort Lauderdale A320/E190
+2 daily National-Orlando A320/E190

Note I used nine slots for each airport instead of the eight B6 actually won because B6 began service to National with only eight slot pairs but scheduled a ninth flight outside of the slot restriction times, just like Southwest at LaGuardia.

Looks like B6 is well on their way to acquiring the 30 or so slots Barger said they would over the next few years when they entered National last year, especially if they can buy some Frontier/Republic slots, at least three slots but no more than five slots are more or less redundant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.