Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK T5 - How Crowded in AM?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2011, 5:58 am
Original Poster

JFK T5 - How Crowded in AM?

I'm flying JetBlue for the first time tomorrow!
My flight departs at 9:30, and I was wondering what time I should plan to arrive at the airport around. Will 8:30 do?
Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 9, 2011, 9:33 am

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by little bunny
I'm flying JetBlue for the first time tomorrow!
My flight departs at 9:30, and I was wondering what time I should plan to arrive at the airport around. Will 8:30 do?
Thanks in advance!
T5 can get very busy in the morning. If you aren't checking bags, I'd give it 1.25 hours (TSA has been understaffed lately). If you want to check something, give it at least an hour and a half and possibly a bit more.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amejr999
T5 can get very busy in the morning. If you aren't checking bags, I'd give it 1.25 hours (TSA has been understaffed lately). If you want to check something, give it at least an hour and a half and possibly a bit more.

Thanks for the information!
Old Nov 12, 2011, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by little bunny

Thanks for the information!
generally, things run pretty smoothly, but the TSA in T5 is just as lazy and inefficient as TSA everywhere and they can be terrible. there are around 18 TSA checkpoints in T5 but even when it is insanely busy i have only ever seen around 6 open. also, they have increased their use of the nude-o-scopes, which slows things down even more.

i wouldn't risk missing my plane. give yourself at least 1:30. T5 has plenty of shops and restaurants to waste the extra 1/2 hour or so in if you end up catching TSA in an unusually efficient day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.