Wiki Posts
Search

ERJ legroom. Better in back?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2011, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
ERJ legroom. Better in back?

I see on seat guru it says on the erj's the seats behind the exit row have more legroom than the front. Just curious cuz haven't been on that before and was wondering if sitting in the back was worth the extra space as opposed to being up front and off first.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 6:35 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
I've never noticed much of a difference between the back of the 190 or the front. I believe you get an extra inch in the back compared to the front so it is barely noticeable.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 5:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, it is an extra inch of pitch (33" v 32").

I nearly always book row 21 on the E90s as that gets you in the first group of general boarding, has a window and has the extra pitch. I don't mind that I'm behind up to 80 others on the plane.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
Originally Posted by sbm12
Yes, it is an extra inch of pitch (33" v 32").

I nearly always book row 21 on the E90s as that gets you in the first group of general boarding, has a window and has the extra pitch. I don't mind that I'm behind up to 80 others on the plane.
sbm12. I've never been on a E90. Can you tell me how's the bins in terms of overhead space. I know it's not as small as expressjet or as big as 320 but do normal carry on's still generally fit or do a lot end up gate checking also.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:04 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by COEWR2587
sbm12. I've never been on a E90. Can you tell me how's the bins in terms of overhead space. I know it's not as small as expressjet or as big as 320 but do normal carry on's still generally fit or do a lot end up gate checking also.
The biggest problem that we get on the 190 is that we run out of space. We can handle most 22" rollerboards in the 190 bins the long ways. We do gate check if we run out of room but generally we can fit everything into the overheads on the 190 and you won't have to gate check.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The overhead situation - namely that my bag has to go sideways rather than wheels in - is one of the reasons I like being in the first boarding group on this plane. Most "standard" bags will fit OK.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 9:26 am

Yes just had my first trip on E90 and there is an inch more in the rear seat pitch. The EMS rows are just the first and exit row (8 seats total). And the overhead the rollaboards have to go in sideways for the most part.
Didn't notice what seat had the entertainment system under it though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.