Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

EMS seats and frequent security line

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2011, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver

Does anyone know if the frequenty security line at JFK really helps at 6am in the morning (for a 7am flight). I am just curious to see if it makes a big difference in the morning. My gut feeling tells me no but I have not been at JFK that early.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 1:59 pm

Programs: B6
I've only flown B6 out of JFK once, but it was for a 7AM flight (to ORD). I had checked in online (and had EMS) and had one bag to check. I got to the airport at 5AM.

The terminal was mobbed. The line to check bags only was busy (I waited behind about 7 parties). Forget about the line to check in (had you not completed online check in).

The security line took up almost the entire pre-security area. The line took up the entire queue area on both sides (there are two entrances to the queue area). EMS had no one lined up.

I wasn't planning on paying for the extra legroom but decided to spend the money since it included EMS and I was travelling alone with DD (toddler - 'nuf said). In this case it was totally worth it. Even having arrived 2 hours prior to departure, I think we would have been lucky to make it to the gate on time. As it was, it took a little while to get through security and once we cleared security we really only had time to grab a quick breakfast and take a quick trip to the bathroom before it was time to board.

Last edited by MrsNick; Oct 5, 2011 at 1:59 pm Reason: added destination

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.