Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK-SRQ gone?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2011, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

JFK-SRQ gone?

I just tried to book something for next summer between JFK & SRQ. But as of May 1 the JB site is saying there are no filghts to this destination.

JB has been cutting the flights from 2 to 1 per day in offseason the past couple of years. But could they actually be stopping it altogether? is there a way to find out?

The flight, even in summer, is always full. It's the only direct flight between NY & Sarasota.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 11:08 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
The schedule is only open through April 30, 2012 right now. They have not loaded any flights for the summer yet.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
The schedule is only open through April 30, 2012 right now. They have not loaded any flights for the summer yet.
Right. Not yet. it is too early to tell. You have wait for 6 months before you can purchase ticket online. It's too early to buy the ticket. You have be more patiently for a while.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 7:02 am

Programs: Trueblue, Skymiles, AAdvantage
This flight has always done well, if anything they could make the 2nd flight year round. The BOS-SRQ flight does great too.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 9:31 am
Original Poster

THANK YOU.
Had a bit of a fright there as we do that route regularly.

Of course, I did post "prematurely." My Significant Other told me what the issue was after I posted this. OOPS. She experienced this, as she was told to book a flight 7 months out for a Biz trip but she wasn't able to. The people who wanted her to book gave her a hard time for not being able to book when they wanted her to, so it was quite fresh in her memory.

The SRQ flights are becoming more & more popular. Even people who are closer to Tampa have booked these flights because SRQ airport is so easy to fly into and out of. (And I love the big aquarium there ^ )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.