Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Jetblue entertainment system in need of repair?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2011, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: True Blue Mosaic,Elevate Gold

I fly b6 2 to 3 times a month for business and recently I have continuously been seeing numerous problems with the in-flight entertainment system. everything from directv issues, xm radio issues, button issues, screen wiring issues.

Is it just bad luck on my part or are others seeing a similar slew of issues?

Could it be that the wear and tear of these systems is catching up with it?
Old Sep 15, 2011, 1:14 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
This has worked it's way up to management as they just sent out an email about the very problems you expressed concern about. Apparently a recent software update became corrupted and started causing havoc with the entertainment system. LiveTv is working on getting a fix out to the aircraft as they rotate through JFK, BOS and MCO as that is where we have the ability up update the software.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 5:05 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
I heard rumors of a 2012 tv/internet refresh...but I don't know if it's true. I'll hope so, since it would be nice to have hd & widescreen monitors!

Since it seems as though many of the buttons are broken on planes as well as static (caused by the analog channels) it would be nice to see an update--which could also include VOD! As for on-board internet, I was pretty sure I heard there's a new satellite being launched that will allow for fast, satellite based internet and that's the route JetBlue wants to go (instead of the current land-based systems).

Can anyone shed light on these rumors?
Old Sep 16, 2011, 4:38 am

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by moulder3
As for on-board internet, I was pretty sure I heard there's a new satellite being launched that will allow for fast, satellite based internet and that's the route JetBlue wants to go (instead of the current land-based systems).
If true, I hope they choose the Panasonic Avionics instead of Row44.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:46 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
If true, I hope they choose the Panasonic Avionics instead of Row44.
We are working with a company called ViaSat

Coming in 2012: 21st Century Wireless
Old Sep 16, 2011, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
We are working with a company called ViaSat

Coming in 2012: 21st Century Wireless
Cool!! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.