Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Fairly minor schedule change: what are my options?

Old Sep 15, 11, 6:06 pm
NBL
Original Poster

I was emailed by Jetblue today about a schedule change for a trip in December, MSY-JFK. We were supposed to leave at 6:30 AM, but have been switched to a 6:10 AM departure. I know that's a fairly minor change, but that early in the morning even 20 minutes makes a difference. There's a 10:20 AM flight that I'd kind of like to switch to instead. Honestly, I probably would've preferred that flight when originally booking but it was quite a bit more expensive (and still is). Do you folks think Jetblue might be willing to accomodate us on the later flight for no charge under these circumstances, or was the schedule change so minor that they won't? I won't raise a big stink if it doesn't work out, but it would be nice if it did.
Old Sep 15, 11, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold, rif-raf on most others; MBTA "valued customer"
I've had similar situation a couple times ex-BOS, where 20 mins in the early AM makes a HUGE difference (20 mins meaning the flight now departs too early to take the T to the airport). I've gotten switched no problems, no questions asked both times.
Old Sep 15, 11, 6:31 pm
NBL
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bosnyc View Post
I've had similar situation a couple times ex-BOS, where 20 mins in the early AM makes a HUGE difference (20 mins meaning the flight now departs too early to take the T to the airport). I've gotten switched no problems, no questions asked both times.
Did you have to call Jetblue? Or could you do it online somehow? I'm being asked to acknowledge the change but I'm hesitant to do that, thinking that if I do that might make it harder to switch.
Old Sep 15, 11, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA Gold, rif-raf on most others; MBTA "valued customer"
I called, stated the reason for my call/ switch, and asked instead of being on "flight 123" at 6am, go on "flight 456" at 8:30.
Old Sep 15, 11, 8:56 pm
NBL
Original Poster

I just called and was politely told that since the schedule change was less than 30 minutes I would not be able switch flights without paying the change fees and fare difference. Oh well.
Old Sep 16, 11, 7:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP, A3*S
Perhaps a convincing itinerary that morning that does not allow you to arrive early enough to make the new flight safely would make them more likely to change you over. Also, remember, if you do not like your answer it may be worth calling back and speaking to a different agent. YMMV