Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pricing with Forced Stopover

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2011, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Pricing with Forced Stopover

No luck searching this because it is a rather narrow situation.

Anyhow, a typical fare from BUF to BGI (Barbados) via JFK is around $184+, and that connection is being sold for next February

However, the reverse direction BGI to BUF is not being sold because the flight from BGI to JFK arrives too late in the evening to connect with the last flight from JFK to BUF.

So assuming that I do want to fly B6 from BGI to BUF, and am willing to pay to stay overnight in the JFK area, will the fare be similar to the out bound fare, or will it be priced as BGI-JFK plus JFK-BUF?

Art
Old Jul 5, 2011, 8:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

There is a fare published so it is possible that it will price out correctly but no guarantees. Last time I tried to price one of these it bombed out and forced pricing as an additive fare. Checking on ITA it looks like that is the more likely result this time, too.

I'd expect to pay a pretty penny on this one.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 12:37 am

Did you try to see if there was a flight from YYZ? I know they fly direct to BGI on westjet i think. It might be worth a shot. YYZ is pretty close to BUF
Old Jul 8, 2011, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by msimeonov
Did you try to see if there was a flight from YYZ? I know they fly direct to BGI on westjet i think. It might be worth a shot. YYZ is pretty close to BUF
Right now, it is more of a theoretical concern. As B6 adds farther away destinations, the need to book the journey as two separate flights adds to the cost calculation. Incidentally, I had an email from B6 confirming this.

The overnight thing is even worse because it adds a hotel stay in the JFK area which isn't cheap.

BTW, the return flight from BGI is expensive because of the departure tax from Barbados. Fare to JFK is $164, taxes are $87.

Art

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.