Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TravelBank question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2011, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

TravelBank question

Hi there. New to this. I have 2 credits under 2 different travel bank accounts. I was wondering if:

1) Can I pay for 2 tickets under the same reservation using ONE travelbank account? E.g., if I have $500 in my travelbank, and the two tickets (two different pax) cost $520 total, can I apply the entire $500 toward the booking and just pay the $20 left?

2) Can I pay for the 2 tickets using TWO travelbank accounts? E.g, if I have $400 in one travelbank account, and $100 in another, can I somehow use the combined balances in both accounts toward the same booking?

Thanks FTalkers!
Old Jun 13, 2011, 3:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'm pretty sure the answer to #2 is yes but only if you call it in.

Not sure about #1.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
I'm pretty sure the answer to #2 is yes but only if you call it in.

Not sure about #1.

Thanks for the response. Will update thread when I have the official word.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 1:04 am
Suspended

Programs: magsetleVE
The answer to #1 is yes as well. Assuming (using your example) that your tickets are $260/person for 2 people, you can use your credit on both customers and pay the $20 difference. (In fact, having all credits under the same name/number is preferred... you can't use 2 different travel banks on the same reservation booking online.)

If you have 2 credits but they're technically the same name, you can call and get them merged, and then the paragraph above applies. (But it MUST be the same name!)

If you have multiple credits in multiple names, you can either book people individually online, or you can call in and use the credits over the phone.

The one thing you CANNOT do is this: Person A has $500 in credits. Person B has a $25 credit from a flight being delayed. You want to use Person A's credit for $260/person, and then use Person B's credit to pay the last $20. Unfortunately, there is no way in Sabre to use more than one travel bank per ticket.

Hope that helps! =)
Old Jun 16, 2011, 8:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I knew they could be combined but missed the part about different names. Whoopsie.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.