Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue eyes own Customs facility at T5i

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2011, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/jet...ort-2011-05-26

B6 will have own Customs facility at T5i in JFK. When the entire T6 is demolished. When they will start underway renovation the entire T5i own Customs facility for international flight incoming into JFK. I hear VS, LY, EK, SA, LH will eventually to moving-in at entire T5i to allowing a easier connectivity.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 3:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by N830MH
I hear VS, LY, EK, SA, LH will eventually to moving-in at entire T5i to allowing a easier connectivity.
Put simply, no. It is just not going to happen.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by sbm12
Put simply, no. It is just not going to happen.
But, why? I thought they want to moved into entire T5i? How come?
Old Jun 7, 2011, 4:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by N830MH
But, why? I thought they want to moved into entire T5i? How come?
It seems highly unlikely that "T5i" would have be built with gates to accommodate the A380. That scratches EK from the list. LH just built an enormous new lounge facility in T1 and they are part owners of that terminal IIRC so you can scratch them as well. Ditto for VS and their Clubhouse lounge in T4; rebuilding that would be a huge capital expense that isn't worth the effort. These "partnerships" that JetBlue has struck are just interline agreements. They aren't alliances or anything so advanced as to require collocation.

I wouldn't be surprised if eventually T6 is rebuilt as an extension of T5 and it gets the FIS facilities installed as JetBlue is growing their international footprint out of JFK and Delta is consuming more and more of T4. Still, said construction seems a ways off and it is unlikely that they will find other carriers to collocate with them or that they would want other carriers to collocate with them in their terminals.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 7:48 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
T5I

I cannot see LH or VS moving to T5I . If the Port Authority helps out with money , I could see LY moving to T5I (or T8 with AA) . With DL taking over more of T4 it may make sense to move a couple of the smaller airlines out of T4 . This would help B6 attract more of the PBI-NYC-TLV traffic (since people would not have to switch terminals in that case ). I think this would still be many years out . When we see the plans for T5I we shall see if it is designed for bigger planes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.