Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why is B6 Routing Difficult?

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2011, 8:56 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Why is B6 Routing Difficult?

Hi All, any B6 pros out there that could give me an answer as to why when I attempt to do DCA-PUJ as an example, that I get no flights returned? Why wouldn't B6 realize that and bounce me from DCA-JFK/BOS-PUJ-JFK/BOS-DCA? Why does this not make sense and why isn't it seamless?

If I do BOS/JFK for my example dates I get direct flights out of either airport but add IAD/DCA into the equation and there are no flights available because B6 doesn't want to bounce me up to BOS/JFK .
Old May 2, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by krpjr
Hi All, any B6 pros out there that could give me an answer as to why when I attempt to do DCA-PUJ as an example, that I get no flights returned? Why wouldn't B6 realize that and bounce me from DCA-JFK/BOS-PUJ-JFK/BOS-DCA? Why does this not make sense and why isn't it seamless?

If I do BOS/JFK for my example dates I get direct flights out of either airport but add IAD/DCA into the equation and there are no flights available because B6 doesn't want to bounce me up to BOS/JFK .
We don't fly DCA-JFK. I also think that BOS-PUJ is seasonal not every day service.
Old May 2, 2011, 11:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Are you searching on a Tuesday or Saturday, the two days that BOS-PUJ service exists? I see flights on 28 May available.
Export from Wandering Aramean Travel Tools
Code:
Flight Timetable -- BOS-PUJ for date: 20110504 at 00:00 on All Airlines
Carrier|Flight|From |To   |Dep. Time|Arr. Time|Schedule|Equipment|Duration|Exceptions|
B6     |895   |BOS  |PUJ  |10:00    |14:04    |-----6- |320      |4:04    |          |
B6     |895   |BOS  |PUJ  |10:00    |14:09    |-2----- |320      |4:09    |          |
Powered by The Wandering Aramean Travel Tools.  Click for your free account!
Old May 2, 2011, 12:29 pm
Suspended

The problem with DCA-BOS-PUJ is the very short layover in BOS. The earliest DCA-BOS flight on saturdays seems to be the 7:55 AM flight arriving at 9:22 AM. The BOS-PUJ flight departs at 10 AM.

What are your dates?

Last edited by Dieuwer; May 2, 2011 at 12:35 pm
Old May 3, 2011, 4:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
We don't fly DCA-JFK. I also think that BOS-PUJ is seasonal not every day service.
Thanks for responding B6FA, just curious as to why it wont find the respecting/proper routing. So if it knows no DCA-PUJ exist, why not try to find the best available routing to PUJ from DCA, whether it is out of BOS/JFK/FLL/MCO.

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
The problem with DCA-BOS-PUJ is the very short layover in BOS. The earliest DCA-BOS flight on saturdays seems to be the 7:55 AM flight arriving at 9:22 AM. The BOS-PUJ flight departs at 10 AM.

What are your dates?
I was looking for sample dates with a slight chance I'd be going in August for a week, Tues-Tues works for any weeks in August.
Old May 3, 2011, 6:21 pm
Suspended

I was looking for sample dates with a slight chance I'd be going in August for a week, Tues-Tues works for any weeks in August.
BOS-PUJ Wed/Sat only.

You could force DCA-BOS-JFK-PUJ-JFK-BOS-DCA, departing 8/2 arriving 8/9, for $1046.11 ai with two long layovers in BOS (20 hours and 12 hours).
Old May 4, 2011, 3:46 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
BOS-PUJ Wed/Sat only.

You could force DCA-BOS-JFK-PUJ-JFK-BOS-DCA, departing 8/2 arriving 8/9, for $1046.11 ai with two long layovers in BOS (20 hours and 12 hours).
LOL, I've done the forcing part and B6 basically says krpjr, *que the trumpet* grab your ankles sir!
Old May 4, 2011, 5:16 pm
Suspended

Book on Orbitz. Otherwise, change your dates.
Old May 4, 2011, 10:00 pm

LOL, I've done the forcing part and B6 basically says krpjr, *que the trumpet* grab your ankles sir!
? B6 won't price a through fare with more than 2 segments mostly likely because their network is not optimized for connections. Are you really surprised of the result when you try and force it? If Wed/Sat doesn't work for you then maybe its time to try another airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.