Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

TrueBlue earning rates for AA flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2010, 1:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

AA announced all the details of earning on B6 metal today for their interline agreement routes. JetBlue will be announcing all the details tomorrow but I managed to get a bit of a head start and am happy to share the details here.

TrueBlue points will be earnt based on distance flown, with class of service bonuses for C and F fares. The earning rate will be 1 point for each 2.5 miles flown and the bonuses will be 25% and 50% for C and F, respectively.

The flights do NOT need to be part of an interline itinerary to credit to the partner which is a very nice benefit. For passengers who don't fly long-haul/international too often it is definitely nice to have B6 as an option to park the points given that the redemption levels are generally lower/easier.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 5:30 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Earning miles on AA

Originally Posted by sbm12
AA announced all the details of earning on B6 metal today for their interline agreement routes. JetBlue will be announcing all the details tomorrow but I managed to get a bit of a head start and am happy to share the details here.

TrueBlue points will be earnt based on distance flown, with class of service bonuses for C and F fares. The earning rate will be 1 point for each 2.5 miles flown and the bonuses will be 25% and 50% for C and F, respectively.

The flights do NOT need to be part of an interline itinerary to credit to the partner which is a very nice benefit. For passengers who don't fly long-haul/international too often it is definitely nice to have B6 as an option to park the points given that the redemption levels are generally lower/easier.
Sounds good to me (although I would like to see it on all routes ) . Its good to see this happen. I suspect this will bring some of the AA folks on to the BUF-JFK or SYR-JFK routes . Now if we could only redeem on AA or LH or ...
Looks like B6 will be the AS of the east .
Old Nov 17, 2010, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Redemption is somewhere down the line but not imminent. Additional earning options for other interline partners will be coming sooner than that.

My read of the initial response on the AA board is that folks are hesitant because of the lack of EQMs but I think as they experience B6 they'll get over it.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 6:58 pm
Suspended

You can only credit international AA flights to your B6 account? That seems somewhat stingy.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
You can only credit international AA flights to your B6 account? That seems somewhat stingy.
And only international ex-JFK/BOS. The reciprocity on B6 flights to AA is similar. Basically it covers the interline destinations.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 7:02 am
Suspended

We're proud to partner with American Airlines!

It's up on JetBlue.com, http://www.jetblue.com/about/ourcompany/aa/
Old Nov 18, 2010, 7:05 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by sbm12
My read of the initial response on the AA board is that folks are hesitant because of the lack of EQMs but I think as they experience B6 they'll get over it.
Speaking only for myself: I love Jetblue, they're great, and I'm excited by this partnership.

But re-qualifying for status is key to me, so I'm unlikely to consider flying a B6 non-EQM-earning flight until I've locked up my re-qualification for the year (which normally doesn't happen until late in the year).
Old Nov 18, 2010, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ty97
Speaking only for myself: I love Jetblue, they're great, and I'm excited by this partnership.

But re-qualifying for status is key to me, so I'm unlikely to consider flying a B6 non-EQM-earning flight until I've locked up my re-qualification for the year (which normally doesn't happen until late in the year).
I understand the mentality, but what do you do for NYC-BUF? Your options are US, CO, DL or B6. BOS-CLT? US or B6. At least you get something for flying on B6.

There are a number of routes where AA doesn't provide a natural connection at all. Sure, JFK-SLC would be possible with a connection in ORD (or DFW, I suppose) but generally saving a few hours outweighs EQMs, especially when they are marketing the partnership correctly, which I believe they will do.

But not the TrueBlue earning details. Good thing I got the inside scoop on those.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 10:14 am
Original Poster

The official earning rates are now published: https://trueblue.jetblue.com/web/tru...PHero1Eng_B6AA.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 10:57 am
Suspended

The details say "Points you'll earn for roundtrip flights from Boston, MA (BOS)"
So If you book one-way BOS-LHR you get half the amount of points, or nothing?
Old Nov 18, 2010, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

The details say "Points you'll earn for roundtrip flights from Boston, MA (BOS)"
So If you book one-way BOS-LHR you get half the amount of points, or nothing?
I understood it as one-way earnings being possible but it is a bit annoying and confusing that they are reporting it as r/t on the site.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL-Gold, Starwood. Previously AA Gold and United Premier Gold, and OnePass
Is this something that is expected to be expanded? I have family in Sacramento, and I fly the direct JFK->SMF route probably once every two years, but that's really the only route I fly on Jetblue, so my trueblue points expire.

It would be great to get AAdvantage points on my jetblue flights to SMF. I have even considered booking AA flights with a short layover over the direct flight due to the expensive route and the relative uselessness of TB points to me personally.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.