Wiki Posts
Search

Early boarding for EML seats?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2010, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM
Early boarding for EML seats?

I gather from their web site that B6 now give early boarding ops to pax who buy up to the bigger seats. Can anyone confirm that they actually do this at the airport? Might be confusing unless the BPs have a zone number (I'll find out shortly, flying tmw).

If they don't offer early boarding, I might do better in one of the further back seats, as I will have two (small) carry on articles.

thanks!
Old Nov 6, 2010, 12:11 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage
jetBlue does offer Priority Boarding to those traveling in EML seats. They don't have zone numbers or anything like that they simply make an announcement for pax with BP for rows 2-5 and 10-11 (exit rows) which are the EML seats. If I remember correctly, EML boards prior to pax traveling with small children or those requiring additional time to board.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

^ thanks for the quick response JBLU421NYC, much appreciated! I'll keep my seat and OLCI now.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 5:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

My recollection was that boarding was:
  • EML
  • Extra time (kids)
  • Rows 20+
  • All rows

I saw the briefing sheet a couple weeks ago at a gate but didn't snag a copy.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 10:08 am
djs

Programs: UA, Hertz Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
I gather from their web site that B6 now give early boarding ops to pax who buy up to the bigger seats. Can anyone confirm that they actually do this at the airport? Might be confusing unless the BPs have a zone number (I'll find out shortly, flying tmw).

If they don't offer early boarding, I might do better in one of the further back seats, as I will have two (small) carry on articles.

thanks!
My understanding is the same as the other posters, though keep in mind you aren't getting "bigger" seats, only seats with more legroom.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Just to confirm what was said here, on both flights GAs explicitly announced that they were boarding EML seats - and listed the row numbers - very first. Worked out fine. (And yes I appreciate that "bigger" applies in only one dimension, but its actually a decent amount of extra room, especially if you want to use a laptop).
Old Nov 11, 2010, 4:45 pm
djs

Programs: UA, Hertz Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver
Sounds good MojaveFlyer, some people get confused and can't figure out what they paid extra for when they see the seats (forgetting that they have over 3 feet of space between the rows and have room in the overhead bins as long as their bag isn't oversized).

It's all what we see value in, personally the 34 inches of room in regular rows is pretty decent, but I hate the boarding process and getting on first is where I really see the value.....but don't get me wrong, I'm not giving up my extra 4 inches to anyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.