Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Finding the lowest fare in a market

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2010, 2:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M

I'm glad you did - my BOS-ORD flights next June seem to be really expensive in comparison to what I have previously seen. I wish I knew what the lowest published fare for this route usually is (they show this i.e. Route ABC-XYZ from $$$ on many other routes but not this one) so I knew what is potentially the lowest fare and can then decide whether to risk waiting or to book now anyway. (As I'm in Europe JB's credit system postbooking isn't much use to me)
Old Oct 24, 2010, 2:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

To find the lowest published fare in the market try the tool here: http://tools.wanderingaramean.com/To...re_Search.aspx. Limit it to JetBlue and you should have an accurate picture of the fares on offer.

<mod>
I broke this out of another thread to keep the discussions on topic in both
</mod>
Old Oct 24, 2010, 3:35 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Lowest fare

Originally Posted by Ressie
I'm glad you did - my BOS-ORD flights next June seem to be really expensive in comparison to what I have previously seen. I wish I knew what the lowest published fare for this route usually is (they show this i.e. Route ABC-XYZ from $$$ on many other routes but not this one) so I knew what is potentially the lowest fare and can then decide whether to risk waiting or to book now anyway. (As I'm in Europe JB's credit system postbooking isn't much use to me)
If you don't like the lowest fare then you should wait. Most likely the fare will go down before them . If you were looking for June I would wait until January (or even March before booking ) .
Old Oct 25, 2010, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
To find the lowest published fare in the market try the tool here: http://tools.wanderingaramean.com/To...re_Search.aspx. Limit it to JetBlue and you should have an accurate picture of the fares on offer.

<mod>
I broke this out of another thread to keep the discussions on topic in both
</mod>

Perfect, thanks for the link to the SBM12, this is a great little tool.

So looking at that it seems the cheapest fare option for June 2011 is $132 (presumably tax to be added to that), given that the two MH14 fares require travel to commence by Feb 16th. This means that, barring a sale which may be hit and miss, we would only be paying $9 more than this "lowest possible fare" if we booked at the moment.

Given that there are 4 of us and we should travel on a fixed date, ideally on a specific flight, it may be worth booking now anyway.

Another point is also that the FX rate is favourable for us at the moment (CHF), and whilst we're talking about a total of around $600 at the moment, if the FX rate goes against us by March, then we could quite easily "lose" the $9 "won" by booking later for the lowest published fare. Althoigh I know, it could go the other way too... Lol
Old Oct 25, 2010, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Apologies for the typos...iphone 4 apparently doesn't like the edit function, it crashes safari every time I try!
Old Oct 25, 2010, 9:12 pm

Is there something that I am doing wrong because when I attempt to enter the link, I get asked for a log in and password?
Old Oct 26, 2010, 5:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Security is Job 1
Is there something that I am doing wrong because when I attempt to enter the link, I get asked for a log in and password?
The site requires you to register. It is free and I promise I won't sell your email address or spam you or anything like that.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 9:29 am

It is not related to the subject of the thread but every time I log in and attempt to search I just get this and a bunch of search options

Welcome to the Wandering Aramean Travel Tools.

There are several tools here to help you check schedules, prices and availability for commercial service around the world.

Enjoy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.