Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Stand-by for later connecting flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2010, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

I'm currently scheduled to fly BOS-RIC this Saturday on the non-stop at 9:30am. I'd like to change for the connecting flight BOS-JFK-RIC departing at 1:55pm.

I plan to call at midnight and pay the $40 fee if it's possible. Reading the help page it states "You must travel between the same city pairs." but does not specify whether it has to be non-stop/non-stop or whether connecting flights are allowed.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 4:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: magsetleVE
Originally Posted by Lurker1999
I'm currently scheduled to fly BOS-RIC this Saturday on the non-stop at 9:30am. I'd like to change for the connecting flight BOS-JFK-RIC departing at 1:55pm.

I plan to call at midnight and pay the $40 fee if it's possible. Reading the help page it states "You must travel between the same city pairs." but does not specify whether it has to be non-stop/non-stop or whether connecting flights are allowed.
Shame I saw this late, but the Same Day Change policy does allow you to change from non-stop to connecting, and visa versa. You generally can't do revenue standby on a later flight, unless you had the first flight out of the morning, and then you can only do the very next flight available. (In general.)
Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LiaJB
Shame I saw this late, but the Same Day Change policy does allow you to change from non-stop to connecting, and visa versa. You generally can't do revenue standby on a later flight, unless you had the first flight out of the morning, and then you can only do the very next flight available. (In general.)
Thanks for posting this. The 9am flight (direct) is the first flight of the day out to RIC. The 1:55pm is the next flight (connecting) to RIC so I should be ok by what you've posted. Well I'll find out when I call tonight at midnight I guess.

With respect to revenue stand-by what you posted isn't reflected on the Jetblue website as far as I can tell. Is it buried somewhere in the CoC or elsewhere?
Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: magsetleVE
Originally Posted by Lurker1999
Thanks for posting this. The 9am flight (direct) is the first flight of the day out to RIC. The 1:55pm is the next flight (connecting) to RIC so I should be ok by what you've posted. Well I'll find out when I call tonight at midnight I guess.

With respect to revenue stand-by what you posted isn't reflected on the Jetblue website as far as I can tell. Is it buried somewhere in the CoC or elsewhere?
I'm not sure where it is in the CoC. I'm going off internal rules.

Downside to taking the second flight, if you were the first flight of the morning, is you run the risk of forfeiting your airfare if you don't make the second flight as standby.

BTW: I'd say right now, looking at it, your odds of getting the $40 change is pretty good. =)

Last edited by LiaJB; Sep 10, 2010 at 12:37 pm
Old Sep 10, 2010, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LiaJB
I'm not sure where it is in the CoC. I'm going off internal rules.

Downside to taking the second flight, if you were the first flight of the morning, is you run the risk of forfeiting your airfare if you don't make the second flight as standby.

BTW: I'd say right now, looking at it, your odds of getting the $40 change is pretty good. =)
Fabulous, thanks for clarifying and checking. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.