Search

flight redemption point changes?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2010, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: jetblue mosaic, spg plat/ambassador, UA GS, AA EXP
flight redemption point changes?

Hi,

I booked 3 people out of JFK -> AUA yesterday for 14,400 per leg. I went to book the 4th today and the very same flight was 9600 for the leg!

Has anyone had luck getting them to refund previous points? Something like the 'orbitz guarantee' ?
Old Aug 24, 2010, 10:30 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Refunding the points

Originally Posted by cleanfloor
Hi,

I booked 3 people out of JFK -> AUA yesterday for 14,400 per leg. I went to book the 4th today and the very same flight was 9600 for the leg!

Has anyone had luck getting them to refund previous points? Something like the 'orbitz guarantee' ?
I called up Jetblue and they cancelled my flights (no fee) to allow me to rebook them at the lower point fare.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bmg42000
I called up Jetblue and they cancelled my flights (no fee) to allow me to rebook them at the lower point fare.
This can happen but it is them bending the rules if it does. The official policy as written is that they do not do this.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 3:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: magsetleVE
Originally Posted by sbm12
This can happen but it is them bending the rules if it does. The official policy as written is that they do not do this.
Hmm, they taught us in training how to do this... And told us we honor lower points in training. Granted, I'm not in TB, so they could have changed their mind since then...
Old Aug 27, 2010, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: jetblue mosaic, spg plat/ambassador, UA GS, AA EXP
So it was weird. One flight they were able to make the change, the other they said no. I provided a screenshot of the point value and they still declined. ...?
Old Aug 27, 2010, 5:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by LiaJB
Hmm, they taught us in training how to do this... And told us we honor lower points in training. Granted, I'm not in TB, so they could have changed their mind since then...
I'm not saying that y'all don't have the ability to, but the webpage T&C seems pretty clear to me that it isn't actually policy. Maybe it is, but it does not appear to be published that way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.