Community
Wiki Posts
Search

jetblue interview process

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2012, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by JBhopeful
jj1987: Thank you for your reply. Did you wait six weeks to get contacted for your phone interview? Also which airport did you apply for and for what position?
I *think* 6 weeks to get a phone interview from what I remember. It's been a while. Working at JetBlue, from the benefits to the work environment has been the best job I've had, so hang in there and don't give up!
Old Jun 27, 2012, 7:24 pm

Completed the phone interview for Boston Ground Operations and Airport Operations back on May 27th. Attended the company presentation and interview on Monday June 18th and then went for the Physical Agilities Test, drug test and fingerprinting down at Logan on Thursday June 21st so now just waiting. Contacted Hireright to inquire about the status of my background check and she said that the file was completed so hopefully it won't be too long before I recieved a job offer.My friend who got hired for ground operations in Boston was supposed to attened training in Orlando June 26th but I guess the class was canceled so now he is leaving at the end of July which kind of stinks but at least he has a date.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 1:26 pm

anyone on here work for JetBlue corporate IT?
Old Jul 4, 2012, 8:26 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by CPL22586
Completed the phone interview for Boston Ground Operations and Airport Operations back on May 27th. Attended the company presentation and interview on Monday June 18th and then went for the Physical Agilities Test, drug test and fingerprinting down at Logan on Thursday June 21st so now just waiting. Contacted Hireright to inquire about the status of my background check and she said that the file was completed so hopefully it won't be too long before I recieved a job offer.My friend who got hired for ground operations in Boston was supposed to attened training in Orlando June 26th but I guess the class was canceled so now he is leaving at the end of July which kind of stinks but at least he has a date.
Wish you the best. Please let us know.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 4:23 am

interviews for JetBlue

can anyone offer advice on the interview process? I applied several years ago, and was too nervous during the group interview....listening to other responses of their "helped out a crew member..." or "went beyond the call of duty...." stories....and thinking...."man...I don't have anything like that!" I'm hoping for suggestions to be better prepared and less nervous.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 5:38 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
I do remember a phone contact but didn't believe it was an interview. Maybe that's a new addition. I just got an invite to the group interview, maybe because I had experience?

It was my belief that the drug test paperwork was offered to everyone from the group interview that vaguely looked promising. It was handed to a candidate as he/she was leaving the conference room. (I didn't observe the departures so not sure if everyone got one). Kinda like the old typing test. If you didn't hit the minimum, you were politely excused as it was the first level of screening. I don't think they care about multiple testing costs as they have lab contracts as a contingency already in place. It's just the basic screening level for their process of elimination.

I was from out of town and was not a current airlines employee at the time. I also didn't have a degree like just a couple of others. There were about 10 candidates. I raised what I thought were valid questions about how irregular ops were handled at B6. That was too much discussion for a group screening interview and probably worked against me.

I also could see the more contemporary rapport between the eventual "winners" and the HR person. The HR peeps are young and they are looking more for a connection they like. An answer to a question that succombs to referring to a boyfriend is more interesting to them than reference to a husband, in Iraq, for instance. Later when I found out who was selected, I agreed with one (former AA employee) but not the other but she was the one who made that "she's cool" connection.

You really have to have your game on. Now I say that because although my US interview was twice as thorough, you gotta try to figure out what the HR "game" is. Although I was hoping to survive to the next level, I actually felt sorry for a gal who didn't represent well. The discussion pegged her as she had little experience and began to lose confidence.

http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/advis...195443795.html

Last edited by jan_believes; Aug 28, 2012 at 1:06 pm
Old May 8, 2013, 1:47 pm

Recently applied

Hello all,
I recently applied,completed phone interview,face to face interview, drug test,background check, and fingerprints. I was done with all requirements March. When I was interviewed there was a total of 8 ppl chosen to move forward with background check,drug test,etc but they only had a 2 person need at the time. Unfortunately I was not one of the two, they said the remaining 5 ppl will stay in the hire pile because they are waiting for approval to hire 3 more ppl to send through training. Does anyone know how long it will take now that we are waiting? Thanks.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 7:58 pm

Programs: ..wanna be airline worker.. hustling aint easy
Hi everyone, did a phone interview11/20ish->> then invited by email to interview in BOS. Interviewed at the Hampton inn and was advised they are proceeding with me in the hiring process. JB sent me an email saying testing and fingerprints. My question is will it be fingerprinting and drug test? Anything else? HR told me they may train in BOS? Wth, I want to train in mco! Lol
Old Jan 1, 2014, 8:03 pm

Programs: ..wanna be airline worker.. hustling aint easy
Originally Posted by straitfan
Does anyone know if jetBlue accepts dependants on their flying benefits? My son is 31 years old and handicapped (does not walk) and would like to know if I were hired by jetblue would they accept him as well as a spouse. Anyone out there in a similar situation? Thanks!
You would be able to use buddy passes for your son. You can definately choose your son over your spouse as your 'priveledged flyer' . And use buddy passes on your spouse.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by NGisME
You would be able to use buddy passes for your son. You can definately choose your son over your spouse as your 'priveledged flyer' . And use buddy passes on your spouse.
No, you can't

From the "Travel Companion" section of the pass riding guide.
This option is only available to single, unmarried Crewmembers, who are not in a Domestic Partnership. Crewmembers that are married to other Crewmembers must list his/her spouse and cannot designate a Travel Companion. A Travel Companion may only be changed once every 12 rolling months. You may not solicit others for a Travel Companion.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 1:35 pm

Help

Hi all, I start training in Orlando on Saturday. I have been making myself sick trying to remember all airport codes, airline codes and all acronyms. I was wondering how easy the tests are and is it multiple choice. Thanks.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 1:38 pm

Revised help

I forgot to say I'm GO
Old Jan 16, 2014, 12:18 am

Hi i am new to this but would hope to get some info about working part time seasonal as a ramp agent for jetblue and if it's worth it, i would like to know also if it can lead to getting hired permanently and possibly full time i know it sounds like i'm pushing my luck but i hear great things about working at jetblue but none on working part time seasonal and it's possibilities. Oh and it's based in NY JFK. Any info would be greatly appreciated
Old Jan 16, 2014, 12:31 am

Hi i am new to this but would hope to get some info about working part time seasonal as a ramp agent for jetblue and if it's worth it, i would like to know also if it can lead to getting hired permanently and possibly full time i know it sounds like i'm pushing my luck but i hear great things about working at jetblue but none on working part time seasonal and it's possibilities. Oh and it's based in NY JFK. Any info would be greatly appreciated
Old Jan 16, 2014, 4:45 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Metsfan119
Hi all, I start training in Orlando on Saturday. I have been making myself sick trying to remember all airport codes, airline codes and all acronyms. I was wondering how easy the tests are and is it multiple choice. Thanks.
I'm not sure how the AO and GO tests are structured but inflight had a mixture of questions. Don't over study and over think it. There is such a thing as studying TOO much which will hurt you in the long run. Just relax and have fun. The company has spent quite a lot of money on you and they don't want to see you fail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.