Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

When did they raise the cost of EML seats?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When did they raise the cost of EML seats?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2010, 10:01 am

Programs: True Blue Mosaic,Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by Long Distance
Not true!

Jetblue does not oversell their flights. If the only seats left are EML, don't pick a seat and they will assign a seat to you at the airport. You can wind up in EML for nothing. Remember, they also hold back other seats (in the first and last row) for airport assignment.
Thanks for the info, that is good to know. But I am sure there are plenty of other people, like myself, that don't know this info. So when faced with buying a ticket and only having a choice of an EML seat, we figure, guess if I want this flight I gotta pay.

Thanks for the info.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 3:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Long Distance
Not true!

Jetblue does not oversell their flights. If the only seats left are EML, don't pick a seat and they will assign a seat to you at the airport. You can wind up in EML for nothing. Remember, they also hold back other seats (in the first and last row) for airport assignment.
The seat choice screen pops up a warning essentially telling you that the only seats left are EML but that if you don't pick one you'll have a seat assigned at the airport. You do run the chance that someone else with a non-EML seat in the middle in the back will bite on the fee and you'll end up in their seat, but you also might get the EML for free.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 8:35 pm

Programs: True Blue Mosaic,Elevate Gold
I am currently booking a transcon redeye for this Sunday. All three LA cities have different EML rates.

BUR-JFK $75
LGB-JFK: $60
LAX-JFK $50
Old Jul 22, 2010, 8:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

On today's conf call Barger noted that Sabre makes EML variable pricing even more flexible based on demand and market. They have 11 price points for EML now and they expect that increases in EML revenue will contribute significantly to the bottom line going forward.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 9:44 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Changes in EML pricing causing problems when rebooking?

Hi all,
Had an interesting experience in the last couple days when confronted with a schedule change and having to change flights. My wife and I were scheduled on a SEA-JFK-IAD and had paid $35 each for the EML seats. Schedule change would have required an extended layover in JFK which didn't work for us. Only option was to leave SEA the afternoon before, fly to LGB and take the red-eye to IAD.

OK, so far no big issues. Oh, wait, the agent wanted me to pay an additional $15 for my EML seats because when I booked SEA-JFK the seats were $35each and now the LGB-IAD were $60 each. We had a polite chat and the agent eventually waived the "upcharge."

Last edited by dcstudent; Jul 24, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.