Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

$10 B-DAY SALE Online exclusive - [8 Mar 2010] only!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$10 B-DAY SALE Online exclusive - [8 Mar 2010] only!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2010, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by skoker
I saw it pop up on my Twitter right when I woke up, I managed to snag $10 seats from BUF-JFK-BUF on Wednesday.

AWESOME deal.
Originally Posted by sbm12
There is an "interim" booking engine online now. I was just able to book (day trip to BTV on Wednesday) and I have my confirmation.
Originally Posted by nerd
I thought the special fares expired at 2pm ET?
As a followup, I was able (at 4:10) to book another R/T from BUF.

So now I'm flying BUF-JFK-BUF-JFK-BUF

God I need to get a life
Old Mar 8, 2010, 8:33 pm

Programs: One Star 'n Sky
Jet Blue web site is now working.

Sale has been extended. New booking deadline is 11:59 PM MT 03/08/10.

JFK - OAK is sold out, everything else is still available.

Link to Promo Terms:
http://www.jetblue.com/deals/first-t...o1Eng_FirstTen
Sale ends March 8, 2010 at 11:59 PM MT: all travel must be booked before this date/time. Sale fares apply only to flights that take place on March 9, 2010 and March 10, 2010, between New York, NY (JFK) and the following cities: Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL), Buffalo, NY (BUF), Tampa, FL (TPA), Orlando, FL (MCO), Rochester, NY (ROC), Oakland, CA (OAK), Burlington, VT (BTV), West Palm Beach, FL (PBI), Salt Lake City, UT (SLC), and Fort Myers, FL (RSW). Availability may be extremely limited, and seats may not be available on all advertised routes and/or on all advertised dates. All fares are subject to change without notice. Sale fares are available for purchase only online at www.jetblue.com, and not by telephone, at an airport or city ticket office, or by any other method. All fares must be paid at time of reservation, and are one-way, nonrefundable, and nontransferable. Cancellations and changes can be made prior to scheduled departure for $100 per person at 1-800-JETBLUE (1-800-538-2583), TTY/TDD 1-800-336-5530, or at jetblue.com, with applicable fare adjustment. Cancellations are for a JetBlue travel credit only, which is valid for one year. If a reservation is not changed or canceled prior to scheduled departure, all money associated with the reservation is forfeited. Fares do not include Passenger Facility Charges of up to $9.00 each way, September 11th Security Fees of up to $2.50 each way, and a Federal Segment Tax of $3.70 per domestic segment (a segment is a takeoff and landing). All taxes and fees must be paid at the time of purchase. A second bag fee of $30 applies. Other restrictions apply.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 4:50 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
JFK-BUF

Originally Posted by skoker
As a followup, I was able (at 4:10) to book another R/T from BUF.

So now I'm flying BUF-JFK-BUF-JFK-BUF

God I need to get a life
I am on the 1200pm JFK-BUf and 320 Buf-JFK so maybe I will see you on the plane.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 5:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bmg42000
I am on the 1200pm JFK-BUf and 320 Buf-JFK so maybe I will see you on the plane.
Not even enough time to head downtown for wings. What a shame.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 11:56 am

Flying to Buf

Not even enough time to head downtown for wings. What a shame.
Its a new airport for me to see (I will be adding CLE (via CO) and DTW (via CO) as new airports this summer ). If the IFE does not work (or there is a big delay) I may end up making a profit on this trip . (According to jetblue.com you can snare $1000 for an IDB ) I think B6 looked at the weather report before scheduling this promotion .
Old Mar 9, 2010, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by bmg42000
Its a new airport for me to see (I will be adding CLE (via CO) and DTW (via CO) as new airports this summer ). If the IFE does not work (or there is a big delay) I may end up making a profit on this trip . (According to jetblue.com you can snare $1000 for an IDB ) I think B6 looked at the weather report before scheduling this promotion .
Ummm...IDB isn't going to happen since they very rarely overbook, plus IDB maxes out at 2x fare paid, up to $800, as set by the DoT. I suppose B6 could offer more but it is a moot point since they aren't going to overbook the flight.

BUF is a pretty nice airport. I passed through on my AYCJ adventures. If you have time, walk up to the middle where the security screening area is. The architecture there is nice.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 1:19 pm

Overbooking

Ummm...IDB isn't going to happen since they very rarely overbook, plus IDB maxes out at 2x fare paid, up to $800, as set by the DoT. I suppose B6 could offer more but it is a moot point since they aren't going to overbook the flight.

BUF is a pretty nice airport. I passed through on my AYCJ adventures. If you have time, walk up to the middle where the security screening area is. The architecture there is nice.
According to the customer bill of rights (on jetblue.com )

DEPARTURE DELAYS
OVERBOOKINGS (As defined in JetBlue’s Contract of Carriage)
Customers who are involuntarily denied boarding shall receive $1,000.

As you said they don't overbook as I think I have a better chance of winning 1000 in the lottery but BUF sounds like a nice airport to visit .
Old Mar 10, 2010, 6:54 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

There are a bunch of folks on my flight who only paid $10. One couple came to NYC for dinner last night. A bunch of guys are going skiing for the day.

This is going to be a fun flight. ^
Old Mar 10, 2010, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Great Trip MCO-JFK Overnight!!

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

There are a bunch of folks on my flight who only paid $10. One couple came to NYC for dinner last night. A bunch of guys are going skiing for the day.

This is going to be a fun flight. ^

This was my first trip with JetBlue and what a trip it was. With taxes RT MCO-JFK $40 and just over $80 for the airport hotel. It was really a lot of fun to spend the day walking around NYC!! Thanks again JetBlue, I look forward to my upcoming flight to San Juan!
Old Mar 10, 2010, 1:38 pm

A quick trip report from today's travels...

Yes, it was before noon in Burlington, but that didn't stop me.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 2:44 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Yes, it was before noon in Burlington, but that didn't stop me.
Sweet. ^
Old Mar 10, 2010, 5:26 pm

NYC to Buf was fun

I enjoyed the trip to Buffalo to get some wings. It was a nice relaxing day . I enjoyed watching tv without being disturbed . Both flights landed 1/2 early .
I missed seeing the donuts though . Good job B6 and I hope you do this again (but keep the website up this time ) .
Old Mar 30, 2010, 3:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold (Current Platinum), United Mileage Plus, Avis Preferred
I think they have done it again. I just booked a $10 O/W JFK-BOS on Monday morning, 4/5. Not sure if this is the same sale, but a great fare nonetheless.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 9:17 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Originally Posted by JohnneeO
I think they have done it again. I just booked a $10 O/W JFK-BOS on Monday morning, 4/5. Not sure if this is the same sale, but a great fare nonetheless.
Nah, every week they have specific routes on sale as part of their 'Cheeps' twitter promotion. This week it happened to be BOS-JFK on Sat 4/3, and JFK-BOS on Mon or Tues 4/5 or 4/6.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.