Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Any clues on website to Old True Blue Pass Availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any clues on website to Old True Blue Pass Availability

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Some bad news that I was finally able to confirm in a conversation with a revenue management this evening that they've pulled the private fares from the GDSes. Apparently my posts about them being listed were enough to draw attention to it and for them to actually go figure out why the buckets were published and then figure out how to pull them. They actually pulled several buckets offline as part of the process.

Sucks for us, and at least one employee noted that the res agents liked that we had access because we didn't waste as much of their time, but such is life. I understand why they've chosen the path they have. Not happy about it, but I understand.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 8:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: magsetleVE
Originally Posted by sbm12
Just to add to the collection of data, I tried to make a reservation just now for travel tomorrow and Sunday. Yeah, I know, pretty last minute. Still, the data I got was somewhat useful.

Of the three JFK-MSY flights offered tomorrow only one had a seat available for the old reward inventory:
Export from Wandering Aramean Travel Tools
Code:
Carrier|Flight|From |To   |Depart |Arrive |Stops  |Meals  |Equip  |Inventory
B6     |117   |JFK  |MSY  |7:00   |9:35   |No Stop|None   |320    |Y7 G7 X7 E7 K7 H7 T7 Q7 B7 L7 V7 R7 W7 M1 Z1 O0 U0 S0 P0 N0
B6     |119   |JFK  |MSY  |14:37  |17:16  |No Stop|None   |320    |Y7 G7 X7 E7 K7 H7 T7 Q7 B4 L0 V0 R0 W0 M0 Z0 O0 U0 S0 P0 N0
B6     |115   |JFK  |MSY  |20:25  |23:12  |No Stop|None   |???    |Y7 G7 X7 E7 K7 H7 T7 Q7 B7 L7 V4 R1 W1 M0 Z0 O0 U0 S0 P0 N0
Powered by The Wandering Aramean Travel Tools.  Click for your free account!
The 7am flight - showing M1 Z1 - had a reward seat. The other two flights did not. This leads me to believe that the reward bucket is somewhere close to those two. FWIW, the fare for the flight was $324 one-way and was pricing into K because of advance purchase requirements that the reward seat didn't have.

On my desired return the lowest fare buckt available was B and there were no reward seats on that flight.

Hope this helps folks trying to do their own research before waiting for 45 minutes on hold like I did tonight.
You're pretty on the mark there. *Usually*, if there's a fare between M & R, there's a pretty good chance of finding W & Z availability.

It's not 100%, but it's as close as you can get w/o the phone call anymore.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by sbm12
Some bad news that I was finally able to confirm in a conversation with a revenue management this evening that they've pulled the private fares from the GDSes. Apparently my posts about them being listed were enough to draw attention to it and for them to actually go figure out why the buckets were published and then figure out how to pull them. They actually pulled several buckets offline as part of the process.

Sucks for us, and at least one employee noted that the res agents liked that we had access because we didn't waste as much of their time, but such is life. I understand why they've chosen the path they have. Not happy about it, but I understand.
OT a bit, but the current August issue of "Airline Business" features a comprehensive interview with JetBlue chief executive Dave Barger......
Old Aug 23, 2010, 8:13 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
So last night I was playing around with the availability tool on sbm12's site, and found some interesting things. For some reason, every so often when you search for a flight that it brings up a connection for, it will show the full bucket inventory, including the infamous W and Z buckets. For instance, if you search for flights from JAX-JFK on Oct 12th, it brings up the 3 flights with the 'abridged' bucket list (14 fare buckets) - #610, #612, and #618. However, if you search JAX-BUF on that same day, for certain connecting flights it shows the unabridged list, which includes all 20 buckets. Those same 3 flight legs (from JAX-JFK) show up as well, however inconsistently. It doesn't seem to follow certain flights (since the full list for flight #610 and #612 shows up on some connections and not on others) and isn't even consistent from day to day (flight #610-#4 shows the full bucket list for #4 on 10/12, but not on 10/11 or 10/13).

So, it looks like the award buckets are still in the system; however on certain searches it's just hidden (namely, direct flights). Adding a connection around the leg you're looking for works best, and sometimes you have to play with the routing (for instance, try BUF, ROC, SYR, BTV, and PWM for flights that connect in JFK) and perhaps the flight you're looking at for availability will pop up.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 5:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver
I just booked a flight from JFK to LAX after topping off my old TB points. Traveling in October on the weekends, all the non-stops flights had avaialability for the old true blue passes. Had 21 old TB points, cost 5800 new points for a one way or 12800 for a round trip. Took the RT since the second leg cost 7000 pts (12800-5800) vs. 9300 if booked directly with new points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.