Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Moving Armrest on Exit Row E-190?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2010, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: POS, Delta Skymiles, IC Plat Amb., Hilton Gold, SPG gold

can anyone confirm if the armrest can be moved between the seats on the exit row (extra legroom) on the e190? i'd like to book two seats for myself and want those seats for the extra legroom but only if the armrest moves

thank you in advance
Old Jan 10, 2010, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum
If I recall correctly, I don't believe they do.

However, every row behind the exit row does have an inch of more legroom than in the front of the plane. I would recommend purchasing two of those seats - you'll save on the EML fee. They have plenty of legroom (and I'm 6'1). Plus, I believe that they may put someone next to you in the exit row for safety reasons even if you've purchased the 2nd seat, but I'm not sure of that.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 4:57 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
If they don't move, I'm surprised that SeatGuru doesn't mention it. If someone confirms non movable armrests to be the case, please submit that info to SeatGuru.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: POS, Delta Skymiles, IC Plat Amb., Hilton Gold, SPG gold
Thanks - the JB rep I spoke with first said it was the first time he was ever asked about that and said they do go up he believes (said he was 98% sure). Thing is it would be $160 total for those seats and that is just too expensive. I would do it for a 320 seat to SF/Sea but for 4 hrs I will just deal with the normal seat

Thanks for checking - I appreciate it.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by allen074
Thanks - the JB rep I spoke with first said it was the first time he was ever asked about that and said they do go up he believes (said he was 98% sure). Thing is it would be $160 total for those seats and that is just too expensive. I would do it for a 320 seat to SF/Sea but for 4 hrs I will just deal with the normal seat

Thanks for checking - I appreciate it.
In that case, like I said, make sure you get a seat in the rear of the aircraft.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
The E190 exit row middle arm rest does raise. I've done LGB - AUS and return several times on the E190.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.