Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Launch of elite status in new TrueBlue program?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Launch of elite status in new TrueBlue program?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2010, 5:40 am

Programs: Tap - Victoria Gold, AMEX Centurion
We are already in the 4th Qtr of 2010 and no further news on any elite benefits. Wonder if JetBlue quietly decided not to do any elite status
Old Jan 12, 2011, 4:53 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Bump. Any updates on elite benefits now that Southwest has announced more elite benefits starting March 1?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 5:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by nsx
Bump. Any updates on elite benefits now that Southwest has announced more elite benefits starting March 1?
I haven't heard anything more beyond a typical "lot's more coming soon" from JetBlue. That said, I'm not so convinced that the current TB benefits are much worse than the "elite" benefits that RR2 will offer. The earning on TB2 seems generally higher and the bonuses pay out much better unless you are flying a ton of segments on very low fares. An elite program isn't going to make up the main shortfall that TB2 has versus RR2: partners.

I did have a JetViews survey the other day asking about lounges and priority security lines but at the JetBlue hubs those are generally less of an issue IME.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 5:42 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
elite status

Originally Posted by sbm12
I haven't heard anything more beyond a typical "lot's more coming soon" from JetBlue. That said, I'm not so convinced that the current TB benefits are much worse than the "elite" benefits that RR2 will offer. The earning on TB2 seems generally higher and the bonuses pay out much better unless you are flying a ton of segments on very low fares. An elite program isn't going to make up the main shortfall that TB2 has versus RR2: partners.

I did have a JetViews survey the other day asking about lounges and priority security lines but at the JetBlue hubs those are generally less of an issue IME.
I figure since I reached the 2000 point plateau last year, they will annouce an 'Elite status' since I don't think I will make the 2000 point plateau this year.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 8:35 pm

Some type of priority baggage delivery would be nice.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Cool

An elite program isn't going to make up the main shortfall that TB2 has versus RR2: partners.
I agree 100%. At this point B6 should have far more partners than it does. It really shows a poor marketing effort.

Speak for yourself. With AA and B6 becoming closer, I'm sure any trasnferring pax would love the amenities that they would receive at AA. I'm specifically thinking about JFK in this instance. Any incoming pax would have to clear customs and reenter security at B6's terminal, elite security lines and a lounge would be nice amenities for elite pax.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 12:03 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
I agree 100%. At this point B6 should have far more partners than it does. It really shows a poor marketing effort.

Speak for yourself. With AA and B6 becoming closer, I'm sure any trasnferring pax would love the amenities that they would receive at AA. I'm specifically thinking about JFK in this instance. Any incoming pax would have to clear customs and reenter security at B6's terminal, elite security lines and a lounge would be nice amenities for elite pax.
I love Jetblue but I also love First Class...wish Jetblue would add First class!
Old Jan 16, 2011, 6:54 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
how about a post security shuttle from t8 to t5

Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO

If there was a post security shuttle from t8 to t5 , then the AA passengers can get the lounge access (and elite security lines ).
Old Jan 16, 2011, 9:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bmg42000
If there was a post security shuttle from t8 to t5 , then the AA passengers can get the lounge access (and elite security lines ).
It might make sense for passengers going from B6 to AA at JFK but I would think the number of times a passenger would want to clear at T8 just to use the elite line and then take a bus over to T5 would be pretty small. Remember that AA passenger connecting t oB6 are going to be on international itineraries so they'll be outside security already when they land at JFK and clear immigration/customs.

I suppose if the connection is long enough then lounge time wouldn't be so bad but I'm guessing the overall demand is relatively low.

Last edited by sbm12; Jan 16, 2011 at 9:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.