Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Lockers/bag storage accessible from connecting flights at NRT?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2009, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM

I'll be traveling to Japan in January 2010, and then onto Singapore and Malasia, and finally returning home from Bangkok. My flight to SIN departs from NRT (on NW) and my journey home involves connecting at NRT (both flights NW, about one hour layover). I know there are lockers and baggage storage facilities in both arrivals and departure areas, but presumably those wouldn't be easily accessed during my short layover. Are lockers available that could be accessed airside during my layover?

I'll be traveling carry-on only (so no need to check a bag at this point), but wanted to avoid taking my coat and some heaver clothing items with me from chilly Japan to balmy Singapore.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 3:41 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
OK... I think I've worked out what you're doing.

AFAIK there are no airside luggage storage facilities that you could use. The one hour connection on the return through NRT is too short for you to make use of a landside left luggage facility.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
It's confusing, isn't it? And it would be nice to not have to drag my coat and cold weather accessories (gloves, scarf, earmuffs) with me to Singapore, but I can't figure out a way to avoid it.

Maybe there'll be an unexpected cold snap in Penang and I'll be the only one prepared.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 9:44 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Having schlepped a ski parka unnecessarily through my last Asia trip, I'm very sympathetic -- you should have seen the looks I got carrying it through Manila aiport! But I agree with jlb, you're stuck with that stuff for the entire trip in that scheme.

If you are going to Japan first, why not ship it back to the U.S. from Japan? The post office system is extremely efficient in Japan, although not cheap. Mark it "returned U.S. goods" and I don't think you'll get charged duty at the U.S. end. There's a branch of the post office at NRT.

P.S. I actually did get to use my parka once on my trip -- waiting outside the international terminal at SFO for the car pickup service!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.