Community
Wiki Posts
Search

tokyo or bust!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2008, 11:54 am
Original Poster

tokyo or bust!

two poor school teachers would like to go to toyko from newark or jfk on dec 21 and return jan 3. any advice for some inexpensive airfares?
Old Feb 27, 2008, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA, NW
Flights to Japan are generally much cheaper in the winter than in the summer, sometimes 30-40% less. I'd try standard airline websites first.

If the prices you find are still too high, keep trying. You're planning an awfully long way ahead for next winter's vacation, and prices may drop overnight in the fall if the airlines aren't filling up their planes. It's always a gamble.

Another option is to try travel agents that cater to Asian immigrant communities. Flights to China or Korea often stop over at Narita.

About your timing, be aware that January 1-3 is the New Year's holiday period, which means that almost the entire country is shut down, except that the trains and planes are jam-packed. You'll still be able to see temples and shrines, but other attractions may be closed.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You've asked this same question three times with different titles in two different forums.

Please familiarise yourself with this rule
http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#q64

"Post Your Thread to Just One Forum - link to this guideline
Don't post the same thread more than once. Our members read many forums, and weeding through the same message in multiple forums can be frustrating. Duplicate threads will be deleted, combined or locked."

---
Whilst we welcome newcomers to this forum, most of us prefer to help those who have already taken some steps to help themselves.

If someone has the spare time and inclination they may possibly be prepared to root around for you and look at what's available on your dates. Nevertheless, it is time consuming, and not everyone is willing to do this.

You will find that this and other forums are more helpful if you tell us what you've found out already and ask for an opinion on that. This way you tap into people's expertise (they'll know if it's a good price or not) without asking for too much of their time. It's also quite likely that your efforts will spur someone to research a little on your behalf if they think they are aiding you rather than spoonfeeding you.

I'm sure as teachers you'll understand all this well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.