How to find a Mos Burger?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2007, 7:12 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
How to find a Mos Burger?

So I have happened past Mos Burger branches but never when I wanted to pop in to grab a bite. When I do want to try it out I can never find one. Today I have some time before my 5PM flight. The website http://www.mos.co.jp/ looks pretty rich but only in the Japanese part. The English section is a wasteland. Anyone have any ideas how to find a Mosburger branch using an online map engine for someone that doesn't speak/read/write Japanese?
Old Jul 30, 2007, 8:16 pm
In Memoriam

Try Google Maps. They have the M logo showing the locations.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Without being able to read Japanese, it will be a rather hopeless effort to use their site to find a location.

The store locater page is here. From that page you click on the prefecture or special district, then the ward (ku), and then you get a list of locations in that ward along with addresses, hours, phone numbers, and a map.

For example, here is the listing for the location at the west exit of Shinjuku Station. The first portion is the postal code and address, the second part is the telephone number, the third the fax number, and finally the hours (that location is open 24 hours except for between midnight Sunday and 6AM monday).

If there is a specific location you are looking for a MOS Burger, let me know and I can see what I can find for you.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 8:21 pm

Programs: NH-PLT, NW-S, AC/UA/US/JL plain, Hertz#1G
1. go to
http://maps.google.co.jp/
and show your neighbourhood.

2. Click the second tab right under the search box
(お店やサービスを検索 = find nearby business)

3. make sure the right box is empty, and then paste the following into the left search box:
モスバーガー (= mos burger)

4. You'll find'em. Bon apetite.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 10:19 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Thanks for the quick responses! I was able to locate one near Hokaido and grabbed a Teriyaki burger for lunch. The lettuce was so crisp, the sauce just perfect. The chips and onion rings were perfect. I tried the melon Fanta and it was...interesting. I'm not a big drinker of carbonated drinks but it wasn't bad. There was no English menu which surprised me. I think that most McDonalds in the world have at least one laminated menu in English. No matter, I said Teriyaki, she pointed, I said "Kudusai".

I got a very nice plastic fan for the hot days. I'll need it in Hong Kong but not in Sydney.

Anyway, thanks for the great and useful help! I ended up using Google Maps but wouldn't have had a chance had it not been for the Sat images. Once I identified where I am it I could easily find it.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 4:16 am

Programs: WWMFD
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I got a very nice plastic fan for the hot days. I'll need it in Hong Kong but not in Sydney.
That was actually the extra lettuce, not a fan.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 6:13 am

Programs: NH-PLT, NW-S, AC/UA/US/JL plain, Hertz#1G
Good to hear you had a nice time there.

Originally Posted by yosithezet
There was no English menu which surprised me. I think that most McDonalds in the world have at least one laminated menu in English.
Mos is proud to be a Japanese burger chain.
Their Singapore or Hong Kong branches surely have English menu.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 2:05 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Had a drinking session with my brother and an Osaka friend the other night and the latter claimed a new burger chain is king of the hill in Japan. It's supposed to be of Japanese origin and better than either MOS or Freshness. Any news on this revolutionary development?
Old Jul 31, 2007, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mosburger
Had a drinking session with my brother and an Osaka friend the other night and the latter claimed a new burger chain is king of the hill in Japan. It's supposed to be of Japanese origin and better than either MOS or Freshness. Any news on this revolutionary development?
For ebi burgers I prefer Lotteria to Mosburger (I'm afraid I'm not a fan of the MOS seasonings). Lotteria seems to be doing very well in Tokyo.

But as to whether Lotte is of Korean or Japanese origin, or even a 'new' burger chain... Wikipedia says first was in Tokyo, so I guess this makes it a contender for 'king of the hill'. (I wouldn't have guessed First Kitchen was in the running).

Photos of MOSBurgers

Photos of Lotteria Burgers

Last edited by LapLap; Aug 14, 2007 at 12:05 am
Old Aug 1, 2007, 9:52 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
While I know Lotteria pretty well and find it quite ok (maybe not up in the MOSsphere, however) the chain my friend Yoshi mentioned was another one. Have to ask him again. I guess.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 10:37 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

First Kitchen may be the worst fast food chain in the entire world, and it's a big world out there.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 10:39 am

Lotteria- muck
McD- muck
Mos- yummy but always takes a month of Sundays and is way spendy comparatively
Freshness- good, but I usually like my burgers to be bigger than a donut
The winner was (sadly no longer on the menu) was the cheeseburger at Gusto, not exactly a fast food place, but it was 500 yen, a decent size, came on a plate with heaps of chips and the drink bar was only 120 yen. ^
Gone now though
Old Aug 1, 2007, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by valve bouncer
Lotteria- muck
McD- muck
Mos- yummy but always takes a month of Sundays and is way spendy comparatively
Freshness- good, but I usually like my burgers to be bigger than a donut
The winner was (sadly no longer on the menu) was the cheeseburger at Gusto, not exactly a fast food place, but it was 500 yen, a decent size, came on a plate with heaps of chips and the drink bar was only 120 yen. ^
Gone now though
The burger or Gusto? If it's Gusto then good riddance......

If you want a cheap and nasty place try Joyful (Joyless in the local vernacular)......
Old Aug 1, 2007, 6:33 pm

Programs: NWA, Delta, AA
I miss the Mos Burgers in Tokyo.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 6:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Mosburgers rock. Tied with In 'n Out for best fast food burgers. Yummy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.