Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Still required to remove liquids in single bag at HND?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2024, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

I didn't need to remove my liquids at HND baggage security in Dec 2023, but wanted to see if that's been everyone's experience lately or was this just an odd one off?
Old Apr 9, 2024, 12:51 pm

https://www.narita-airport.jp/en/air...curity/liquid/
Old Apr 9, 2024, 3:19 pm

Programs: ANA Pt
Didn't remove plastic bag with multiple liquid containers from bag before screening at HND this past weekend. No prob.
bmwe92fan and zeo219 like this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
I usually pretend, worldwide, that there are no liquids and no bags. The vast majority of the time, nobody bats an eyelash, including at HND, NRT, and KIX. Only at LHR once the jobsworths made a big show of basically emulating an industrial action because they wanted to "teach me a lesson." Some poor woman on my predicament actually lost her flight because they were so deliberately deliberate over something that, done correctly and efficiently, shouldn't take more than a minute or two.
bmwe92fan and shuigao like this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by Pickles
I usually pretend, worldwide, that there are no liquids and no bags. The vast majority of the time, nobody bats an eyelash, including at HND, NRT, and KIX. Only at LHR once the jobsworths made a big show of basically emulating an industrial action because they wanted to "teach me a lesson." Some poor woman on my predicament actually lost her flight because they were so deliberately deliberate over something that, done correctly and efficiently, shouldn't take more than a minute or two.
I saw this exact thing play out at LHR -- I do not know if they missed their flight but they were acting like someone tried to smuggle a gun or a bomb through security! They then commenced the slowest search of everything they had with them - it was brutal to watch and angered everyone in line -- but no one dared to say anything lest they be subjected to the same cavity search...
Old Apr 10, 2024, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
For the small chance you are asking about domestic flights - there are no liquid restrictions in Japan domestically. However, they usually still ask you to open your water bottle or scan bigger liquid in a special machine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.