Wiki Posts
Search

Gassho-zukuri recommendation in Shirakawago

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2024, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, AA Exec Plat, OZ Diamond Plus
Gassho-zukuri recommendation in Shirakawago

Hi all, looking to book a gassho-zukuri farmhouse stay in May around Ogimachi, which looks amazing. A handful are available during my dates such as Juemon and Yokichi, but curious if anyone has any recommendations or experiences with specific ones that would be helpful. Thank you!
Old Mar 4, 2024, 10:37 am

I very much enjoyed staying at Koemon with the Otani? family. That was a long time ago, 20 years probably. The daughter was living with her parents at the time and spoke English well. Father spoke some English, but mom had none.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, AA Exec Plat, OZ Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by mrwunrfl
I very much enjoyed staying at Koemon with the Otani? family. That was a long time ago, 20 years probably. The daughter was living with her parents at the time and spoke English well. Father spoke some English, but mom had none.
Ah I had heard good things about it (the one overlooking the pond?), though it looks like they’ve since restricted it to Japanese speakers only and my Japanese is still embarrassing, alas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.