Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Letter of Invitation and letter of Guarantee, how to get for tourist visa ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2023, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

I am Indian citizen, working and staying in US since many years. I am planning to visit Japan for a short trip. While filling up application, it asks for "Letter of Invitation and letter of Guarantee". I don't know anyone in Japan. How can I get that letter ? Is is mandatory or embassy guys will understand that it is self-organized short tourist trip?

Please advice.

Thanks
Old Dec 18, 2023, 7:25 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Are you sure you require a letter of invitation for a tourist visa? The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) website has a PDF that lists requirements for three categories of visitor (Short-term business | Visiting relatives | Tourism). Requirements for each category are listed in three columns. The column for tourism does not require documents from an "inviting person or guarantor in Japan":

https://www.mofa.go.jp/files/000121327.pdf

When you complete the visa application form you could try leaving the guarantor fields blank or entering "Not applicable - Visit for tourism / sightseeing."
dipan likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jib71
Are you sure you require a letter of invitation for a tourist visa? The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) website has a PDF that lists requirements for three categories of visitor (Short-term business | Visiting relatives | Tourism). Requirements for each category are listed in three columns. The column for tourism does not require documents from an "inviting person or guarantor in Japan":

https://www.mofa.go.jp/files/000121327.pdf

When you complete the visa application form you could try leaving the guarantor fields blank or entering "Not applicable - Visit for tourism / sightseeing."
Probably I was looking at different document and got confused. If this is updated, then I guess it should be good. Thanks for finding it for me :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.