Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Is there an ATM in T1 of Haneda that accepts foreign cards (US) and is open 24hrs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there an ATM in T1 of Haneda that accepts foreign cards (US) and is open 24hrs?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2023, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Hi- I'm flying into HND and get in around 10:30pm. After picking up bags and getting through immigration/customs/etc. Is there an ATM in terminal 1that is still open and will accept foreign ATM/debit cards?

Thank you!!
Old Dec 8, 2023, 4:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by zeo219
Hi- I'm flying into HND and get in around 10:30pm. After picking up bags and getting through immigration/customs/etc. Is there an ATM in terminal 1that is still open and will accept foreign ATM/debit cards?

Thank you!!
Yes. Theres a 7-11
Old Dec 8, 2023, 4:50 pm

Programs: Free Agent
None of the bank ATMs worked for me last month. The ones in convenience stores worked fine though!
Old Dec 8, 2023, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
7 Eleven is not open 24 hrs. at T1 and T2. Lawson at T3 is open 24 hrs.

7 Eleven at T1 and T2 closes at 22:00 (10:00 p.m.) Seven Bank ATM at basement Marketplacce is operating 5:00-24:00 (5:00 a.m. to 12 midnight).
lsquare, ithinkurdumb and invalyd like this.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your quick reply! looking at the map now... do you know if it's near any particular restaurant or desk that would make it easier to find?
Old Dec 8, 2023, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
7 Eleven is not open 24 hrs. at T1 and T2. Lawson at T3 is open 24 hrs.

7 Eleven at T1 and T2 closes at 22:00 (10:00 p.m.) Seven Bank ATM at basement Marketplacce is operating 5:00-24:00 (5:00 a.m. to 12 midnight).
I tried the ATM at Lawson's because it was closer to our hotel. Card denied. In panic, I called the toll-free US number and was told that there was no record of my card being denied. So, I walked an 10 extra blocks to a 7-11 store-Was relieved that the ATM accepted my debit card.
Had a similar experience in Vienna-I tried and was rejected at three different ATM's before finding one that accepted my debit card. So, if two ATM's are operational, try the other ATM if you get rejected at the first one.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 4:44 am

My most recent ATM experience was interesting. For some reason, some bank ATMs work while others do not, though they all have the int'l Visa/Star system logo thing. Not sure if this was the case before the pandemic.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 6:00 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by abacaxi
I tried the ATM at Lawson's because it was closer to our hotel. Card denied. In panic, I called the toll-free US number and was told that there was no record of my card being denied. So, I walked an 10 extra blocks to a 7-11 store-Was relieved that the ATM accepted my debit card.
Had a similar experience in Vienna-I tried and was rejected at three different ATM's before finding one that accepted my debit card. So, if two ATM's are operational, try the other ATM if you get rejected at the first one.
A follow-on to Visconti's comment: Both of my experiences were pre-pandemic.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 6:59 am

Programs: LH M+M
and it might happen that cards are denied when drawing over 50000 or 100000 YEN at once. (the deny message might not indicate that you hit a limit).
Old Dec 9, 2023, 8:43 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zeo219
Are you sure you want an ATM in T1? Most international flights arrive in T3 (formerly International Terminal) with a few ANA international flights arriving in T2.

As already pointed out many ATMs in Japan don’t accept foreign debit/ATM cards with the exception of Seven Bank (owned by 7-Eleven and Ito-Yokado) and Japan Post Bank (their ATMs may be found in Family Mart convenience stores).

Seven Bank’s ATM locator lists several locations at Haneda Airport some of which are open 24 hours a day. They are not necessarily in 7-Eleven stores.
https://location.sevenbank.co.jp/sev...004954&lang=en
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Are you sure you want an ATM in T1? Most international flights arrive in T3 (formerly International Terminal) with a few ANA international flights arriving in T2.

As already pointed out many ATMs in Japan don’t accept foreign debit/ATM cards with the exception of Seven Bank (owned by 7-Eleven and Ito-Yokado) and Japan Post Bank (their ATMs may be found in Family Mart convenience stores).

Seven Bank’s ATM locator lists several locations at Haneda Airport some of which are open 24 hours a day. They are not necessarily in 7-Eleven stores.
https://location.sevenbank.co.jp/sev...004954&lang=en
I found that the Seven Bank and 7-Eleven ATM worked consistently with my US bank card. The best thing to do is get a Suica card which functions as a debit card as well as metro card.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 2:23 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
The best thing to do is get a Suica card which functions as a debit card as well as metro card.
You can’t get a new Suica card at present due to a shortage of IC chips. Welcome Suica for tourists is still available but it seems best to add a Suica (or Pasmo) to your mobile phone which I managed to do on my recent visit to Japan.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks for checking, yes, because I will be connecting through Osaka/KIX, I will be arriving in T1.

Thank you for the helpful information!
Old Dec 10, 2023, 8:40 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
You can also use an ATM at KIX
https://www.kansai-airport.or.jp/en/.../money/04.html

EDIT: You could also purchase an ICOCA card at KIX, if you want a stored value card for public transit that won't expire.

Last edited by jib71; Dec 10, 2023 at 10:52 pm
Old Jan 15, 2024, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
You can’t get a new Suica card at present due to a shortage of IC chips. Welcome Suica for tourists is still available but it seems best to add a Suica (or Pasmo) to your mobile phone which I managed to do on my recent visit to Japan.
I have a Suica card from pre-pandemic travel. Does not appear to have a visible chip in it. Is it OK or worthless?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.