Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo back to Haneda in 5 hours?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2023, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance
Tokyo back to Haneda in 5 hours?

I have a 16 hour layover in Tokyo, landing and departing from Haneda on a Monday in late October. I am considering a ramen food tour that ends at 5 pm, ending at either Ebisu or Shibuya. My flight leaves at 9:55 pm.

Rather than take a taxi, I hope to take the subway back to Haneda, clearing immigration before 7:30 pm to take a pay shower.

Is that enough time? It was suggested I take the Yamanote Line to Shinagawa, connect to the Keikyu Airport Line to Haneda.

Arrigato for suggestions.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 3:18 am

You should have no problems making it back to the airport in plenty of time. Just hit up google maps for the quickest way back to the airport wherever you finish. Either the Yamanote to the monorail or subway to the asakusa line that goes straight through into the keikyu line will get you down there in 40 mins or less.

if you don’t have data, roaming or wifi, safest bet is to yamanote to hamamatsucho and hop in the monorail as its more frequent that the asakusa line through to to HND and closer than shinagawa.

You have loads of time and if you do end up at ebisu then stop by kimijimaya liquors in the station (Atre west building 4th floor). It has great standing sake bar and they are always pouring something interesting.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kamaaina
I have a 16 hour layover in Tokyo, landing and departing from Haneda on a Monday in late October. I am considering a ramen food tour that ends at 5 pm, ending at either Ebisu or Shibuya. My flight leaves at 9:55 pm.

Rather than take a taxi, I hope to take the subway back to Haneda, clearing immigration before 7:30 pm to take a pay shower.

Is that enough time? It was suggested I take the Yamanote Line to Shinagawa, connect to the Keikyu Airport Line to Haneda.

Arrigato for suggestions.
Should be fine, Shibuya to Haneda should run 40-50 minutes by train depending a bit on whether you hit the right or the bit slower trains.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA PP 1.8MM, PC Spire, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Globalist
You have more than enough time; however, you might have to mentally prepare for packed trains since that would be around peak time for workers going home. I just did it with my kids 2 weeks ago, but we had lived in Japan and weren't phased by the crowds.

You could also look at an airport limo bus from Shibuya to Haneda. It will cost more and takes 10-15 minutes longer (1 hour travel time), but less stressful.
https://hnd-bus.com/airport/h-shibuya/#headding-return
Old Jun 24, 2023, 1:33 am

Travel related stress is personal. For me, the buses are way more stressful than the trains (not to mention more potential for issues). Most likely either way will be fine, but as a very tall bigfooted person buses drive me crazy. Enjoy your noodles!
dollar likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 8:53 pm

I just did the Yamanote Line to Shinagaw transfer to Keikyu Airport Line to Haneda. 50 minute travel time is about right! Was not too difficult to navigate.

Customs to Keikyu line entrance is literally only a few steps.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 8:50 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Should be fine, Shibuya to Haneda should run 40-50 minutes by train depending a bit on whether you hit the right or the bit slower trains.
+1 - Also OP keep an eye on the HND security thread -- the time to get through security has been crazy lately -- hopefully they will have this fixed by when you travel but we've not seen it this bad in years... Apparently they are having a real issue with staffing back up post-COVID....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.