Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Midnight Hour Transportation?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2023, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Question Midnight Hour Transportation?

I have a flight from Narita Airport at 8am and was wondering where I can see the time schedule for public transportation?
I will be leaving from the nearby subway station but not sure whether subway opens up at 5:30am..I'm also not sure whether taxi would be more wise option?
Old Apr 26, 2023, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by lokihardt
I have a flight from Narita Airport at 8am and was wondering where I can see the time schedule for public transportation?
I will be leaving from the nearby subway station but not sure whether subway opens up at 5:30am..I'm also not sure whether taxi would be more wise option?
What station are you coming from? Keisei Skyliner leaves Keisei Ueno (a few minute walk from JR Ueno station) at 5:40, you can also catch it at Nippori station and takes about 45 minutes to NRT.

Should be more than enough time to get you to the airport before your flight. Departure security takes all of 5 minutes with the facial recognition system, so your only delays would be time to check in at the counter/drop off luggage, and the time to walk to your gate. Otherwise, if you search the line name you plan on taking and "timetable" you can find out when it starts. Alternately, you can go to Jorudan and search "first train". https://world.jorudan.co.jp/mln/en/?sub_lang=nosub

Most local trains start around 4:30 to 5amish, depending on the line and the station.
LapLap and pudgym29 like this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 1:58 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by seigex
Should be more than enough time to get you to the airport before your flight. Departure security takes all of 5 minutes with the facial recognition system, so your only delays would be time to check in at the counter/drop off luggage, and the time to walk to your gate.
Did you register in advance for the facial recognition?

I agree things are usually quick, though the last two times I've gotten stuck in long "foreigner" lines (up to 30 minutes) at exit immigration.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 9:20 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
Did you register in advance for the facial recognition?

I agree things are usually quick, though the last two times I've gotten stuck in long "foreigner" lines (up to 30 minutes) at exit immigration.
nope, no need to. per the doc it uses the imagine that's encoded in the chip in your passport and compares your face to it to make sure it's you. easy process.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by lokihardt
was wondering where I can see the time schedule for public transportation?
Google maps.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 10:11 pm

Programs: Global Entry · WN, UA, AS, DL, NH; IHG, Wyndham, Hilton, Best Value Inn, Marriott, Starwood, Ramada
Looks like it is time again to mention Navitime's route finder W-WW page. There, you can indicate when you will depart. It will respond with the key data.
seigex likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by pudgym29
Looks like it is time again to mention Navitime's route finder W-WW page. There, you can indicate when you will depart. It will respond with the key data.
Google maps also does this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.