Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on Haneda Airport Garden - Onsen

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2023, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LapLap
It would never have occurred to me to bring that kind of attire along.
I guess I can see how a (presumably) mixed gender area would be welcome to those tempted to splurge at such a very premium priced facility.
Although it is sold as "premium" it is attached to a couple of hotels that have 1700 rooms total (which is more Macao/Las Vegas to me) . Also the chance of the patrons knowing or caring about the local bathing etiquette are slim.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
Although it is sold as "premium" it is attached to a couple of hotels that have 1700 rooms total (which is more Macao/Las Vegas to me) . Also the chance of the patrons knowing or caring about the local bathing etiquette are slim.
I was musing about the “sugar daddy” opportunities in such a place - they don’t come up much at a Ryōgoku Sento.
Closest I’ve been to an equivalent was spending a morning at the Ryukyu Onsen at Senagajima Hotel before a full buffet lunch at the premises and on to Naha Airport for the flight back to Haneda. LapGirl and I had a blissful time. My father-in-law did not as there were extremely vocal and disruptive patrons on his side of the facilities. Still, the lunch made up for it. Even that was under 4,000yen all in (onsen, sauna, all you could eat with ocean view - bargain!) And the hotel kept hold of our suitcases.

Last edited by LapLap; Mar 23, 2023 at 1:28 am
Old Mar 23, 2023, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was musing about the “sugar daddy” opportunities in such a place - they don’t come up much at a Ryōgoku Sento.
Closest I’ve been to an equivalent was spending a morning at the Ryukyu Onsen at Senagajima Hotel before a full buffet lunch at the premises and on to Naha Airport for the flight back to Haneda. LapGirl and I had a blissful time. My father-in-law did not as there were extremely vocal and disruptive patrons on his side of the facilities. Still, the lunch made up for it. Even that was under 4,000yen all in (onsen, sauna, all you could eat with ocean view - bargain!) And the hotel kept hold of our suitcases.
Local Okinawa colour aside , I wouldn't doubt that this place is just the Haneda version of it . I believe there is mall of sorts on the same podium which is attached to Terminal 3 . Nothing wrong with super sento . I'm sure it would be nice to spend a few hours there between flights , have a soak , and sit in the massage chairs.
LapLap likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite
Is this a Men’s Side thing? Am afraid this part has left me scratching my head as I can’t work out what “suits” are and why they might need to be worn.

Am sorry the advice about stashing cases at the Omotenashi Center was dud, at least it was close enough to suitable lockers not to be a waste of energy getting there. Thanks very much for reporting back!
Sorry I was typing all of that during my long transit in MUC. I meant they have a couple of bathing suits at reception but all you need to remember and keep with you is the keys to your lockers - the shoe locker, bag storage locker down by the Omotenashi centre which is actually a receipt with a barcode and the lockers in the men’s side of the onsen for your clothes. You need to be fully naked in the onsen area but post the soak you can wear the bathrobe they provide and there is a different one that you need to wear for the sauna.

I would totally recommend this to anyone doing a long HND layover but would advise staying at the hotel for convenience. I had a carry on bag with wheels, a duffle bag and a laptop bag. I managed to carry them on the train from Shinagawa early Sunday morning (train was still crowded but I managed to find a seat) but it would be a lot less hassle if staying at the Villa Fontaine Hotel in Haneda airport garden area. That way there is no need to worry about bag storage either. It was a great experience nevertheless.
I wanted to use the one at ICN today (not onsen but just a spa) but unfortunately they are temporarily closed.
LapLap likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.