Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Luggage delivery problem

Luggage delivery problem

Old Jan 26, 2023, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Luggage delivery problem

On Wednesday Jan 25 I shipped my luggage from Osaka hotel to a hotel at narita for my departure to USA on Saturday. This is usually a one day delivery. The major nationwide delivery service (sorry I don’t know name) wouldn’t make any pickups on Jan 25 because of a snowstorm around Kyoto. Hotel suggested I ship via Japan postal service which picked it up Jan 25. When hotel completed the postal form they left blank the date I wanted delivery (Thursday Jan 26).
Question 1:Will this oversight further delay my delivery or is it superfluous?

apparently postal service miscalculated delays from storm and on Thursday night my luggage is still sitting in shinosaka according to tracking and several phone calls to postal service from both the hotel which shipped it for me and narita hotel where I am now.

Question 2: any thoughts on what my chances are that my luggage will arrive Friday (for my early Saturday morning flight) and what else can I do to try to expedite my luggage delivery?

I can delay my departure if absolutely necessary and have purchased a separate award ticket (double booked) to USA for Sunday giving luggage an extra day to arrive but realistically how long should it take Japan postal service to get back on track?

I took Shinkansen from Osaka to narita today and highways and roads looked perfectly clear. The only snow I saw was a few inches on some fields near Kyoto.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 5:28 pm

It must be nerve wracking waiting for your luggage to arrive. The weather earlier this week disrupted transportation in many parts of the country. It does seem to be back on track now on the Osaka-Tokyo route. As for the Japan Post delivering your luggage, did you have it sent expedited? If so, then it should be there by Friday even though it wasn't stipulated when you sent it.
More phone calls from your hotel in Narita might help expedite things.
Good luck!
LapLap likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by hijiji
It must be nerve wracking waiting for your luggage to arrive. The weather earlier this week disrupted transportation in many parts of the country. It does seem to be back on track now on the Osaka-Tokyo route. As for the Japan Post delivering your luggage, did you have it sent expedited? If so, then it should be there by Friday even though it wasn't stipulated when you sent it.
More phone calls from your hotel in Narita might help expedite things.
Good luck!
you are absolutely correct. I had the shipping hotel Hyatt Osaka and the destination hotel ANA Crown plaza both calling post office and post office even called back both hotels to update them (that would never happen in USA) and my luggage arrived today Friday at 12:20pm. Now I can relax and enjoy my last night I. Japan.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.