Bulgari Hotel Tokyo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bulgari Hotel Tokyo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2023, 8:59 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Talking about luxury hotels, Mitsubishi Estate is building Tokyo Torch Tower (63 floor building) in the north part of the east side (Yaesu side) of Tokyo station, and the top portion of the building will be Dorchester Collection, which plans to open in 2028.
Since you have Hilton Diamond status, don't forget that the Waldorf Astoria Tokyo is scheduled to open in Nihonbashi in 2026 and in Osaka in 2025. The room rate should be relatively affordable, probably about one-third that of the Bulgari Tokyo room rate, and you can use HH points to pay for a stay.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
It was Y 5000 for breakfast at Cerise at the conrad tokyo in november ( j got it free as a HH Diamond) sk I agree the breakfast is reasonably priced
One might feel differently if they’re a big eater though. The Italian breakfast at the Bvlgari shown in the menu by the above vlogger is pretty, but pretty paltry being mostly pastries and some salmon and fruit.

As a public service, please note that if your stomach is still grumbling after your Bvlgari breakfast experience, the Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo Marunouchi is only a couple of minutes away, just at the North End of Tokyo station. Head up to the TENQOO Restaurant and enjoy the city scape from a slightly different angle and stuff your face at the unlimited buffet for just under 3,000 yen. (Not limited to hotel guests and open from 6:30am 6am 👁⬇️ so ideal place from which to begin a long excursion)

Last edited by LapLap; Apr 9, 2023 at 10:55 am
Old Apr 8, 2023, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Haha, two back-to-back breakfasts for us big eaters. Actually, that's exactly what I did when I first arrived in Japan, except it was lunch. I ate a Teishoku lunch at one restaurant but was still hungry (my American stomach had not yet acclimated to the smaller portions in Japan). I was too embarrassed to order a second lunch, so I walked across the street to a second restaurant and ordered another Teishoku lunch. Didn't feel stuffed at all after that. Today, with a shrunken stomach, one Teishoku lunch is plenty filling. The problem now is going back to the US and not being able to eat the gigantic standard portions.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by LapLap
As a public service, please note that if your stomach is still grumbling after your Bvlgari breakfast experience, the Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo Marunouchi is only a couple of minutes away, just at the North End of Tokyo station. Head up to the TENQOO Restaurant and enjoy the city scape from a slightly different angle and stuff your face at the unlimited buffet for just under 3,000 yen. (Not limited to hotel guests and open from 6:30am, so ideal place from which to begin a long excursion)
Yah. I always felt bad with my corporate rate of 19000 a night for a triple room there as I was not sure how my stay was not a total loss with the breakfast alone. :-) I believe it starts from 6.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Topcare
Yah. I always felt bad with my corporate rate of 19000 a night for a triple room there as I was not sure how my stay was not a total loss with the breakfast alone. :-) I believe it starts from 6.
My bad, yes, 6am.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 8:18 am

I'm surprised there have not yet been any reviews of the Bulgari Hotel Tokyo on FlyerTalk Forums.
I've posted the review of my recent stay on the Luxury Hotels and Travel forum and it can be read at this link: Tokyo luxury hotels (newer consolidated thread)
Fluff Ermine likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Interesting review, thank you Nagasaki Joe . I find it odd that it's so empty, I wonder if all those other hotels currently charging an arm and a leg are seeing the same levels of occupancy? Doesn't sound like it. And it does look and feel a lot less Bvlgar than is implied by both the name and the expected poseur et arriviste clientele (yourself excluded, obviously).
Nagasaki Joe likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Pickles
Interesting review, thank you Nagasaki Joe . I find it odd that it's so empty, I wonder if all those other hotels currently charging an arm and a leg are seeing the same levels of occupancy? Doesn't sound like it. And it does look and feel a lot less Bvlgar than is implied by both the name and the expected poseur et arriviste clientele (yourself excluded, obviously).
Many luxury Tokyo hotels are currently capping their occupancy (some as low as 50% capacity) due to a lack of staff.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by od_sf
Many luxury Tokyo hotels are currently capping their occupancy (some as low as 50% capacity) due to a lack of staff.
And hence also charging obscene amounts for the room that they do have available.
hijiji and od_sf like this.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by Pickles
Yes, low occupancy is truly surprising. When I booked online, the room that I booked showed "almost sold out", but I suppose that's a technique they use to ensure that you book. "Poseur et arriviste clientele" are out in force in YouTube reviews.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 10:23 am

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
We enjoyed dinner at the Bulgari lounge a few days ago.... wonderful views and service.... For two of us with two hamburgers, a bottle of wine and calamari appetizer, it was $250. Memory of a lifetime but next time will just nurse a drink or two and have ramen somewhere else!
bmwe92fan likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 8:57 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by goldengate
We enjoyed dinner at the Bulgari lounge a few days ago.... wonderful views and service.... For two of us with two hamburgers, a bottle of wine and calamari appetizer, it was $250. Memory of a lifetime but next time will just nurse a drink or two and have ramen somewhere else!
My wife and I live near the Bulgari Bar / Lounge / Restaurant in Ginza so we dine there occasionally -- it's a bit more reasonably priced (not much lol) and food quality, atmosphere and views are also incredible... Amazing what you can pay for things in Tokyo isn't it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.