Bulgari Hotel Tokyo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bulgari Hotel Tokyo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2023, 10:57 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Bulgari Hotel Tokyo opened this past Tuesday, April 4. Attendees at the grand opening included the Bulgari Group CEO, the Governor of Tokyo Yuriko Koike, the Italian Ambassador to Japan, Bulgari Global Brand Ambassador actress Anne Hathaway, actor Ken Watanabe and other Japanese entertainers and influencers, and business executives. I couldn't find any online guest reviews in English or Japanese yet, but I'm sure that will come soon, perhaps even an FTer will review it on these very pages. In the meantime, my next stay will probably be at a Fairfield by Marriott.
https://www.traveldailynews.asia/hot...capital-opens/ (English)
https://news.mynavi.jp/article/20230406-2646208/ (Japanese)
uanj likes this.

Last edited by Nagasaki Joe; Apr 6, 2023 at 11:17 pm
Old Apr 7, 2023, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Asahi Newspaper reported that Bulgari Tokyo has 98 rooms and out of 23 are suites. According to Asahi Newspaper rates at Bulgari Tokyo starts from 250,000 yen/night (US$ 1,891, £ 1523, € 1734).

Talking about luxury hotels, Mitsubishi Estate is building Tokyo Torch Tower (63 floor building) in the north part of the east side (Yaesu side) of Tokyo station, and the top portion of the building will be Dorchester Collection, which plans to open in 2028.

For me, I will be waiting for news of the opening of affordable hotels (preferably less than US$ 150/night) in Tokyo.

Last edited by AlwaysAisle; Apr 7, 2023 at 11:37 am
Old Apr 7, 2023, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
For me, I will be waiting for news of the opening of affordable hotels (preferably less than US$ 150/night) in Tokyo.
As you know, plenty of perfectly adequate budget hotels in Tokyo. Just there are no press releases when they open (or close).
Old Apr 7, 2023, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
Bulgari Hotel Tokyo..In the meantime, my next stay will probably be at a Fairfield by Marriott.
Mitsui garden gotanda here. Man. 5 star prices have achieved total absurdity. Maybe my global Corp rate was equally absurd but in a good way.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The rooftop bar at the Bulgari hotel is a pretty good space. I look forward to chilling there with drinks again. The bar has some pretty creative cocktails, and an interesting Italian gin selection that I need to try.
Nagasaki Joe likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 2:28 am

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The rooftop bar at the Bulgari hotel is a pretty good space. I look forward to chilling there with drinks again. The bar has some pretty creative cocktails, and an interesting Italian gin selection that I need to try.
I presume, like most hotels, you can use the bar and restaurants without staying there as a guest? How are the cocktail prices? Did you try the restaurant too?
Old Apr 8, 2023, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I presume, like most hotels, you can use the bar and restaurants without staying there as a guest? How are the cocktail prices? Did you try the restaurant too?
Just the bar, 2800 for the signature cocktails. So not as extreme as the room prices. And yes you can use the F&B outlets without being a staying guest.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Just the bar, 2800 for the signature cocktails. So not as extreme as the room prices.
That's about $21.00 at the current USD-JPY exchange rate; a little high but not outrageous, especially for a luxury fashionista hotel. You must have been there around opening night, did you meet Anne Hathaway?
Old Apr 8, 2023, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's about $21.00 at the current USD-JPY exchange rate; a little high but not outrageous, especially for a luxury fashionista hotel. You must have been there around opening night, did you meet Anne Hathaway?
Anne apologised that she was too busy to pop by our table...

It is about the same price level for a cocktail as the Peninsula, the Mandarin, FS Otemachi, the Shang etc. I had probably expected a bit more given the pricing of the rooms. The Italian gins were 3000, I did not ask if they came with a mixer at that price.
Nagasaki Joe likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 7:11 am

yah. This is a cluster F at times. Nothing more annoying than trying to check into the shangri-la and not being able to sit down having it full of people who are not staying there and showing up 2 hours early for their high tea.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
I couldn't find any online guest reviews in English or Japanese yet, but I'm sure that will come soon,
It has been posted on the YouTube.

He paid 600,000 yen (US$ 4,540, £ 3655, € 4141) for a night for a premium room.
He had a dinner and breakfast at the hotel restaurant. 14000 yen for a course dinner, and 5350 yen for Italian breakfast.
He bought a bathing suit at the hotel shop for 24000 yen.

Nagasaki Joe likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 9:47 am

Stupidity all for the clicks.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

@AlwaysAisle wrote: “and 5350 yen for Italian breakfast.”

It’s about 4,000 yen for breakfast at the ANA Hotel Roppongi.
As someone who lives in London, the Bvlgari option doesn’t sound at all unreasonable.

Then again, one can sit for 4 hours steadily nibbling away at the ANA hotel’s morning buffet. At a 1,000 yen an hour, it’s a steal.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

5350 for breakfast is actually cheaper than Edition Tokyo, not by much so maybe fair to say same ballpark.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

It was Y 5000 for breakfast at Cerise at the conrad tokyo in november ( j got it free as a HH Diamond) sk I agree the breakfast is reasonably priced

Regards

Tbs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.