Search

Kit Kats at NRT

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2022, 4:17 pm
formerly wunderpit
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Kit Kats at NRT

Ok, yea my daughter is begging me to bring some home. Last May, I went through security thinking I could grab some boxes in the terminal and several of my go-to’s were closed down. Tax free Akihabara was slammed. So I went home empty-handed.

FF to now, I must secure the cool Kit Kats. Has anyone gone through NRT recently and gotten any? There was also a place across from the currency exchange outside security that used to have them as well, but I skipped it last time (fail).

Any help on the Kit Kat Kwest is appreciated!
Old Nov 20, 2022, 6:51 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by Weyland Yutani Corp
Ok, yea my daughter is begging me to bring some home. Last May, I went through security thinking I could grab some boxes in the terminal and several of my go-to’s were closed down. Tax free Akihabara was slammed. So I went home empty-handed.

FF to now, I must secure the cool Kit Kats. Has anyone gone through NRT recently and gotten any? There was also a place across from the currency exchange outside security that used to have them as well, but I skipped it last time (fail).

Any help on the Kit Kat Kwest is appreciated!
Heading to Narita today -- When I was leaving Narita last month and they did have your Kit Kats -- although I don't know what cool is for them lol -- and yes Akihabara can appear to be slammed but usually the line moves quickly - never waited more than 5 minutes.... Recently Akihabara has been increasing their stock and things appear to be returning to normal (I always by the Bunmeido Castella for the crew - it used to be common but for a long time it was hard to find there as they reduced their stock with travel down so much)...
Old Nov 20, 2022, 1:22 pm
formerly wunderpit
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Heading to Narita today -- When I was leaving Narita last month and they did have your Kit Kats -- although I don't know what cool is for them lol -- and yes Akihabara can appear to be slammed but usually the line moves quickly - never waited more than 5 minutes.... Recently Akihabara has been increasing their stock and things appear to be returning to normal (I always by the Bunmeido Castella for the crew - it used to be common but for a long time it was hard to find there as they reduced their stock with travel down so much)...
Thanks! Cool is basically oddball flavors that aren’t chocolate. There was always something new for so many years of traveling here to Tokyo. I’ll find out today!
Old Nov 21, 2022, 4:58 pm
formerly wunderpit
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Weyland Yutani Corp
Thanks! Cool is basically oddball flavors that aren’t chocolate. There was always something new for so many years of traveling here to Tokyo. I’ll find out today!
Got 'em at TF Akihabara. Yes, it was quick! The store outside security (Fa So La) that was across from the currency exchange (that is now gone) is shut down. Only place for anything of the sort seems airside.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 6:48 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Are there Kit Kat flavors that are good/popular but only available in Japan? I've seen a pretty good variety of flavors of Japanese Kit Kats at H Mart.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 8:15 am
formerly wunderpit
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brenc3
Are there Kit Kat flavors that are good/popular but only available in Japan? I've seen a pretty good variety of flavors of Japanese Kit Kats at H Mart.
In the end, you’re probably right. It’s special for a young kid that dad is bringing them from Japan

The ones they had this time around were purple sweet potato, strawberry, some sort of coffee, and matcha.
brenc3 likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 5:34 am
McG

Programs: BAEC
Haneda Duty Free had the Tokyo Banana Kit Kats on Sunday.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by McG
Haneda Duty Free had the Tokyo Banana Kit Kats on Sunday.
Hi

Got them at Hnd 2 weeks ago together with other flavours and took some of them to the office.
my colleagues loved them

Regards

Tbs
Old Nov 27, 2022, 2:50 pm
McG

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

Got them at Hnd 2 weeks ago together with other flavours and took some of them to the office.
my colleagues loved them

Regards

Tbs
Gave the Tokyo Banana Kit Kats and a box of Tokyo Banana to my niece and nephews today. My niece was especially excited to get the Kit Kats.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 12:20 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I brought back 5 flavors recently - strawberry, matcha, orange, and cheesecake. I also picked up the Tokyo banana flavor at NRT while walking through. The rest I got at Don Quijote. I thought the orange and cheesecake were the best, but my nephews and nieces really liked the strawberry and banana. The banana definitely has an artificial flavor, but I guess, in a good way? I also saw strawberry cheesecake at Don Quijote. There's supposed to be a Christmas special Kit Kat with Santa Claus shaped candies, but I didn't find those. There's also supposed to be some new flavors - lemon and one with cacao grown in Japan.

https://www.timeout.com/tokyo/news/y...ristmas-110822
Old Nov 29, 2022, 12:24 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I brought back 5 flavors recently - strawberry, matcha, orange, and cheesecake. I also picked up the Tokyo banana flavor at NRT while walking through. The rest I got at Don Quijote. I thought the orange and cheesecake were the best, but my nephews and nieces really liked the strawberry and banana. The banana definitely has an artificial flavor, but I guess, in a good way? I also saw strawberry cheesecake at Don Quijote. There's supposed to be a Christmas special Kit Kat with Santa Claus shaped candies, but I didn't find those. There's also supposed to be some new flavors - lemon and one with cacao grown in Japan.

https://www.timeout.com/tokyo/news/y...ristmas-110822
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

saw several flavors at souvenir shop near gate 63 this week - lemon, apple, cheesecake, banana
Old Dec 1, 2022, 9:43 am

Banana, Sake, Apple, Strawberry, Red Bean and strawberry, Uji Matcha, Uji Hojicha, Sweet Potato, Momiji Bun, Wasabi, Tokyo Island Lemon, Cheesecake.

Ended up buying 14 of them lol.

Terminal 1 4F pre security, tax free if over ¥5400.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.