Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Room with a view in Tokyo

Old Oct 2, 2022, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

I'm looking for a room in Tokyo with a great view that doesn't cost the earth, flexible on location as long as connections are good.
Budget up to $200-250 per night.
Any recommendations?
Old Oct 2, 2022, 5:48 pm

Programs: HH Diamond

Here was my view from the Hilton Shinjuku

Here was my view of Mt Fuji from the Royal Park Yokohama

Lots of properties will have lots of different views. I guess it depends upon what you are looking for. High up city views? Garden views?
Denis Carlin likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 5:54 pm

Metropolitan Maranouchi.
https://marunouchi.metropolitan.jp/
Park Hotel Tokyo. https://parkhoteltokyo.com/ja/
The Royal Park https://www.the-royalpark.jp/the/tokyoshiodome/
bitterproffit likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bitterproffit

Here was my view from the Hilton Shinjuku

Here was my view of Mt Fuji from the Royal Park Yokohama

Lots of properties will have lots of different views. I guess it depends upon what you are looking for. High up city views? Garden views?
Thanks a lot, the first one, high up city view is what I had in mind.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by Denis Carlin
all three I listed have that. the Metropolitan is right next to tokyo station and specifically the Shinkansen gates.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 6:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
I loved the Hilton Shinjuku. I loved the Shinjuku area.

Topcare has given a couple great options that are Japanese chain hotels. They all are high rises with great views. The Royal Park I stayed at in Yokohama was a Japanese chain, and my room was on the 63rd floor and was amazing.

There are quite a few western chains in Shinjuku as well. The Hyatt, Hilton, Kimpton, and Park Hyatt are all a couple blocks from each other.

Then there are a bunch of Marriotts and Sheratons over in Shiodome area.

I think you figure out what part of Tokyo you want to stay in, and then most hotels will be high rises in those areas. With city views.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Topcare
all three I listed have that. the Metropolitan is right next to tokyo station and specifically the Shinkansen gates.
Thanks a lot, I just provisionally booked TokyoTower side Queen Room at Park Hotel for $280 for 2 nights, looks perfect, on Yamamote Line and 3 mins connection to Tokyo Station.
On official site, the metropolitan is $500+ per night , I'll look around Japanese sites to see if cheaper.
bitterproffit and Topcare like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Here was my view from the Hyatt Regency Tokyo on 12/31/19, usually around $150-250/ni. The pictures don't do Mt Fuji justice, looks much more prominent in person.

Last edited by seigex; Oct 2, 2022 at 7:55 pm
Old Oct 2, 2022, 9:51 pm

If you don't mind Shibuya, the new sequence MIYASHITA PARK (https://www.sequencehotels.com/miyashita-park/eng/) by Mitsui hotel group looks to have some nice views for rooms facing north (looking toward Shinjuku area) or south (looking toward the new miyashita park below).

Or the slightly older but still quite new Shibuya Stream Excel Hotel Tokyu (https://www.tokyuhotels.co.jp/stream-e/) by Tokyu hotel group has some nice views too, but I remember it only occupied mid-floors 9-12 so might not be as high as you wanted. These are the photos from Shibuya Stream Excel Hotel Tokyu:

Topcare likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 5:00 am

As noted Hyatt regency can be checked for rates as ive had decent ones as can the Keio Plaza but need higher rooms for sure. yikes. Metropolitan sure has gone up.
seigex likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 10:51 am

Hi,

I'm looking for a room in Tokyo with a great view that doesn't cost the earth, flexible on location as long as connections are good.
Budget up to $200-250 per night.
Any recommendations?
The InterContinental Tokyo Bay is less than $200 a night right now - it's around 10 minutes on foot away from Hamamatsuchō station on the Yamanote line. The views are fantastic!

bitterproffit likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Topcare
As noted Hyatt regency can be checked for rates as ive had decent ones as can the Keio Plaza but need higher rooms for sure. yikes. Metropolitan sure has gone up.
Having status helps, unfortunately I'll be losing my Globalist status after this year due to lack of work travel. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Hilton Tokyo is very nice. Probably within your price range during low/shoulder season. An alternative would be the Keio Plaza Hotel. Been around for 50 years, refurbished, spotlessly clean and probably 30-40% less than the Hilton.

In the heart of Shinjuku.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.