Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

First typhoon of the year

Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta

Well, actually typhoon #4, but first one with potential to hit main Japan. Doesn't look so big at the moment. Forecast is for Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. Of course, changes in the forecast will surely be seen over the next couple of days.

https://www.jma.go.jp/bosai/map.html...ntents=typhoon
Q Shoe Guy likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Oh nice. Supposed to be flying into NRT arriving July 5th mid-day. From the looks of it, I should be OK, but who knows!
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Is it that time of the year again...? I thought we just came out of the rainy season. Aren't we supposed to go through miserable hot and muggy Japanese summer before we hit the typhoon season...?
bmwe92fan likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:56 am

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Is it that time of the year again...? I thought we just came out of the rainy season. Aren't we supposed to go through miserable hot and muggy Japanese summer before we hit the typhoon season...?
Yes that is this week lol -- but this is my fault though -- my wife and I are once again attempting to fly to Ube on those dates -- a few years ago just before COVID we tried to get home to see family in Nagato and the same thing happened. 3 of the last 4 trips were impacted by a Typhoon (going way back to the world cup lol)....

Sorry....
Old Jul 2, 2022, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Pickles
Oh nice. Supposed to be flying into NRT arriving July 5th mid-day. From the looks of it, I should be OK, but who knows!
Damn, I’ll be flying out then. Will just miss ya.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Yes that is this week lol -- but this is my fault though -- my wife and I are once again attempting to fly to Ube on those dates -- a few years ago just before COVID we tried to get home to see family in Nagato and the same thing happened. 3 of the last 4 trips were impacted by a Typhoon (going way back to the world cup lol)....

Sorry....
Maybe you need to go a different time of year
bmwe92fan likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The typhoon is moving very slowly. Hopefully this brings lots of rain to Shikoku/Kyushu where they are rationing water in some areas.

Old Jul 3, 2022, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
The typhoon is moving very slowly. Hopefully this brings lots of rain to Shikoku/Kyushu where they are rationing water in some areas.
Yes, not very rainy this year during rainy season in many places. One typhoon can do a lot to make up for that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.