Reload this Page >

Small fries only at Japanese McD's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Small fries only at Japanese McD's

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2022, 2:23 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Now McD's Japan is saying that the availability of hash potato on the breakfast menu will likely be affected also.
The horror!!!

https://soranews24.com/2022/01/11/ha...age-continues/
Old Jan 12, 2022, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
My go-to at McD's at Japan is Ebi Filet-O and Melon Soda.

I am glad there is no supply chain issue with shrimps and artificial chemicals used for coloring and flavoring for Melon Soda.

Old Jan 12, 2022, 6:45 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by jcmalcolm
Another 'crisis!'
Somehow I can't help but think that global warming is to blame.
True, it is a result of the floods in Vancouver stopping shipping from there.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
True, it is a result of the floods in Vancouver stopping shipping from there.
LOL.
Not at all. The largest recorded similar flood in Vancouver actually dates back to 1894...not too many cars, airplanes or people around there then.
Things happen...fries can't get delivered...people live longer.
No 'crisis'
LETTERBOY and juddles like this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am glad there is no supply chain issue with shrimps and artificial chemicals used for coloring and flavoring for Melon Soda.

That is one green melon soda , if it was murkier they could pass it off as cold pressed kale juice.
Nagasaki Joe likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What I find hilarious is that McDonalds Japan is run by a Canadian.
And when they announced the first restriction (for a week at the end of December 2021), people were lined up to buy large fries. A marketing coup de grace !
Old Jan 12, 2022, 9:06 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC

Looks like the 青汁 that is served in ANA Lounges.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 9:17 pm

Is McDonald your favorite ebi burger?
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by 5khours
I guess in Japanese you would call those flied potatoes.

More of "frying" potatoes, while Cantonese do "fly lice"
Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by evergrn
Is McDonald your favorite ebi burger?
Not that McD's version is my favorite. Lotteria also has ebi burger and Lotteria version has tartar sauce. Japanese tartar sauce has chunks of chopped boiled eggs which is different from the U.S. version of tartar sauce. I like that Japanese tartar sauce has chopped boiled eggs. Variety of ebi burgers at different locations, that keep things interesting. It is hard to say if McD's version of ebi burger is better than Lotteria version of ebi burger or not. Who else has ebi burger?
Old Jan 13, 2022, 8:45 am

Not sure what is actually in the 'melon soda' but since it's 'green' we can feel that it's 'sustainable' and we are 'helping the planet' by drinking it...
The 'shrimp' in the Ebi was probably free-range too!
LETTERBOY and Nagasaki Joe like this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Not sure what is actually in the 'melon soda' but since it's 'green' we can feel that it's 'sustainable' and we are 'helping the planet' by drinking it...
Well, Soylent was also green, and we know what that ended up being made of...
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
According to the product information, no actual melon or other natural fruit ingredients. It is entirely chemical, well maybe the added sugar comes from a natural source? We can hope that the synthetic flavours are produced in a sustainable way...
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Are you sure? I saw "not from ocean" written in very small lettering on the printed menu.
CPH-Flyer and jcmalcolm like this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
According to the product information, no actual melon or other natural fruit ingredients. It is entirely chemical, well maybe the added sugar comes from a natural source? We can hope that the synthetic flavours are produced in a sustainable way...
It does appear nuclear by the color. Like many other "melon" drinks. I didn't even know McD's had that on the menu until I saw the photo in this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.