Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Vending machine gyoza

Vending machine gyoza

Old May 6, 2021, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Vending machine gyoza

Just opened up a few minutes walk from our house. I guess this is not so uncommon in Tokyo area, but first time for me to see it in Kansai. Quite tasty!

Old May 6, 2021, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Any photos of the actual food you received you could share? I’ve never tried one of these. They should sell beer in the next vending machine over to go with it!
becks1 likes this.
Old May 6, 2021, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Does this vending machine dispense cookd gyoza?

This pcistures says "FROZEN ITEM VENDER" and each items say 「なま餃子」so possible that the vending machine sells frozen uncooked gyoza.. It is cool either way. 1100 yen for 28 is a deal, 40 yen per gyoza. Never been but the this vending machine is operated by popular gyoze resturant chain, quality must be not bad at all. I will try least once.
Old May 6, 2021, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Yes, frozen gyoza (shumai as well) in a pack. Sorry I didn't make that clear earlier. Cook at home. Very appropriate for these COVID times. Frankly, I think that Ajinomoto brand that you get at the supermarket is quite good. These were equally tasty. Maybe better. Shumai also were quite good. My wife is rather particular about such things (wants fresh and healthy) and also thought they were quite good. Thus, she sent me out yesterday to buy some more and I took the photos.

We also know the sister of the guy who runs the associated franchise in Kobe. Apparently business is very good at the few sites he's established thus far.
evergrn, hp12c and CoffeeTraveler like this.
Old May 6, 2021, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by nishimark
Yes, frozen gyoza (shumai as well) in a pack. Sorry I didn't make that clear earlier. Cook at home. Very appropriate for these COVID times. Frankly, I think that Ajinomoto brand that you get at the supermarket is quite good. These were equally tasty. Maybe better. Shumai also were quite good. My wife is rather particular about such things (wants fresh and healthy) and also thought they were quite good. Thus, she sent me out yesterday to buy some more and I took the photos.

We also know the sister of the guy who runs the associated franchise in Kobe. Apparently business is very good at the few sites he's established thus far.
Makes more sense now! But I want to say I have seen machines that dispense hot ones as well. Am I just dreaming?
Old May 6, 2021, 5:11 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
ainternational dreams of gyoza
Old May 6, 2021, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ainternational
Makes more sense now! But I want to say I have seen machines that dispense hot ones as well. Am I just dreaming?
I also thought they were hot and cooked when I first went by the place and didn't look carefully. But the small spot that was reformed to put the machines in was too tiny to have a kitchen in back (though this being Japan, you can never be sure about "too tiny"), plus there was no cooked gyoza odor in the air (which would've made my shirt wet from the drool). So, I was forced to go back and investigate, for the sake of the neighborhood of course.
Old May 6, 2021, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by nishimark
I also thought they were hot and cooked when I first went by the place and didn't look carefully. But the small spot that was reformed to put the machines in was too tiny to have a kitchen in back (though this being Japan, you can never be sure about "too tiny"), plus there was no cooked gyoza odor in the air (which would've made my shirt wet from the drool). So, I was forced to go back and investigate, for the sake of the neighborhood of course.
lol! Maybe I was similarly confused when I saw something I thought was freshly prepared gyoza from a machine. Those photos on the front of it are quite misleading! I suppose the huge English text clarifying it though should have been pretty obvious. I must have just been locked on to the tasty morsels and ignored the text…
nishimark likes this.
Old May 6, 2021, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by jib71
ainternational dreams of gyoza
Indeed I do. Specifically the ones that are 5 for around JPY 2K at Tohryu in Azabu Juban. Best ever!
nishimark, evergrn and Sky Dreamer like this.
Old May 6, 2021, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Indeed I do. Specifically the ones that are 5 for around JPY 2K at Tohryu in Azabu Juban. Best ever!

Totally agree. Best gyoza on the planet!!!!
ainternational and evergrn like this.
Old May 6, 2021, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Gyoza on Amazon! Just got an email from Amazon and it included a link. Are they watching me?

https://www.amazon.co.jp/龍泉日日餃子-ヘルシー...5692_420806912
evergrn likes this.
Old May 6, 2021, 8:05 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K/ One World Emerald
When Japan opens again will have to go and check it out! Yum!
Old May 6, 2021, 8:58 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
For frozen Gyoza, it's fairly expensive. I can buy two 12- packs (24 pcs) for 200 yen at Cosmos, and it's pretty good (on sale, Anjinomoto brand is 300 yen for 24 pcs), so I would hope the quality of this is exceptional. Now with gyoza, Japan needs to bring back outdoor beer vending machines (I know it won't happen), but when did that stop, the early 80s, wasn't it?

Last edited by Nagasaki Joe; May 6, 2021 at 10:06 pm
Old May 6, 2021, 10:41 pm

I dream of Kiyoken shumai.
tastier at room temp than served hot.
That’s the magic of Kiyoken
Old May 6, 2021, 11:23 pm

Do you have to steam them on the stove? I've seen some come in trays for steaming in microwave but I'm skeptical of microwaving products with dough. Always comes out more chewy.

It looks like Nichirei's hot food vending machines is going to be discontinued https://soranews24.com/2021/04/21/ja...-the-machines/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.