Hilton Okinawa Miyako Island Resort is open

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Okinawa Miyako Island Resort is open

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2024, 5:17 pm

Programs: QF Plat, SQ*G, HH Diamond, ALL Plat, IHG Plat
The biannual Aspire $200 credit works here on prepaid rates, so if you time your bookings correctly, you can get three consecutive nights almost for free (outside of peak season, the lead-in rates are around $200 USD per night after taxes)
Old May 5, 2024, 9:44 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sudoer
The biannual Aspire $200 credit works here on prepaid rates, so if you time your bookings correctly, you can get three consecutive nights almost for free (outside of peak season, the lead-in rates are around $200 USD per night after taxes)
Are you suggesting that if you book consecutive nights at the end of June and the beginning of July you can get both of the $200 resort credits applied for the entire stay? If this is what you're saying, it sounds risky and might not work since it can take two to three days for the credit to post. In other words, the timing has to be perfect. This is what Amex Hilton Aspire's terms and conditions say about the annual $400 resort credit:

"American Express relies on the merchant's processing of transactions to determine the transaction date. The transaction date may differ from the date you made the purchase if, for example, there is a delay in the merchant submitting the transaction to us or if the merchant uses another date as the transaction date. This means that in some cases your purchase may not earn the statement credit benefit for the benefit period in which you made the purchase. For example, if an eligible purchase is made on December 31st but the merchant processes the transaction such that it is identified to us as occurring on January 1st, the January statement credit would be applied."
Old May 11, 2024, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
Are you suggesting that if you book consecutive nights at the end of June and the beginning of July you can get both of the $200 resort credits applied for the entire stay? If this is what you're saying, it sounds risky and might not work since it can take two to three days for the credit to post. In other words, the timing has to be perfect. This is what Amex Hilton Aspire's terms and conditions say about the annual $400 resort credit
The timing doesn't need to be perfect in almost all scenarios - the only exception is when your stay is in the final days of June or December.

How this could work in practice: You want to stay 1st-3rd May 2025.

You book one night right now and collect your H1 2024 $200 credit
You book one night between July and December and collect your H2 2024 $200 credit
You book one night between January and May (before your stay) and collect your H1 2025 $200 credit
Old May 11, 2024, 5:10 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sudoer
The timing doesn't need to be perfect in almost all scenarios - the only exception is when your stay is in the final days of June or December.

How this could work in practice: You want to stay 1st-3rd May 2025.

You book one night right now and collect your H1 2024 $200 credit
You book one night between July and December and collect your H2 2024 $200 credit
You book one night between January and May (before your stay) and collect your H1 2025 $200 credit
Thanks for the tip. It sounds like it might work, have you or anyone you know tried it yet? I like the idea of having a full $600 credit (or 93,000 yen to use for Chef's Table [at ROKU Kyoto], for example) during a short 3-night stay.

Last edited by Nagasaki Joe; May 11, 2024 at 5:22 am
Old May 11, 2024, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
Thanks for the tip. It sounds like it might work, have you or anyone you know tried it yet? I like the idea of having a full $600 credit (or 93,000 yen to use for Chef's Table [at ROKU Kyoto], for example) during a short 3-night stay.
Yes I'm in the process of booking a couple of consecutive nights this way later in the year. I have already booked night #1 on an advance payment rate and have received the $200 credit.

I'm also looking at booking a flex rate for one night and stacking quarterly $50 Surpass credits by calling the property to prepay a portion of the stay each quarter. This will be much trickier to get across the line and will largely depend on the willingness of the staff member I get connected to. I might need my wife (native speaker) to call on my behalf.
Nagasaki Joe likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.