Wiki Posts
Search

Wait time upon arrival

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2020, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ANA Diamond
Wait time upon arrival

Hey guys, does anyone know how long I can expect to wait upon arrival at Narita? I want to coordinate with my friend who will be picking me up at the airport, but I am not sure how long the tests will take. I've heard anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours, so if anyone has some first hand knowledge that would be very much appreciated. I am coming from NA and will be arriving next week, thanks.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 4:07 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
There's some arrival experience posts buried near the end of the Coronavirus Imapct on Japan thread. Latest one

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32848857-post2672.html

Sounds like it's closer to 3hrs, or more depending on pax arrival loads, your status, and entry circumstances.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 11:56 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Indeed, many posts provide the information you are seeking in the thread mentioned above.

My most recent experience was just about two weeks ago and the total time from exiting the plane to curbside was about two hours. It is worth noting however that there was very little of a line prior to my arrival. Passengers who came in the 60 minutes after me probably had to wait three hours. Minimum 1 hour, max I was told by UA GS staff is around 5 hours. Depends on arrival time and plane loads.

Another thought... I wouldn’t be surprised if wait times go up this month around the holidays and into the first week of January. Just good to plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Last edited by ainternational; Dec 12, 2020 at 12:10 am
Old Dec 13, 2020, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ANA Diamond
Originally Posted by ainternational
Indeed, many posts provide the information you are seeking in the thread mentioned above.

My most recent experience was just about two weeks ago and the total time from exiting the plane to curbside was about two hours. It is worth noting however that there was very little of a line prior to my arrival. Passengers who came in the 60 minutes after me probably had to wait three hours. Minimum 1 hour, max I was told by UA GS staff is around 5 hours. Depends on arrival time and plane loads.

Another thought... I wouldn’t be surprised if wait times go up this month around the holidays and into the first week of January. Just good to plan for the worst and hope for the best.
What time did you arrive? I'm assuming you came from NA so sometime from 4-7pm?

Thanks for the info guys
Old Dec 14, 2020, 4:38 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by ETHFlyer
What time did you arrive? I'm assuming you came from NA so sometime from 4-7pm?

Thanks for the info guys
As indicated in all of my posts, I flew in SFO to NRT on UA, which arrived around 14:00-15:00 JST.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.