Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

When will Japan re-open to foreign nationals?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When will Japan re-open to foreign nationals?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2020, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by jib71
People arriving in Iceland will be required to have an app and will have to choose between a 14-day quarantine or taking a test (or possibly showing a recent, approved, test result).
Interesting.
The article says the results will be available the same day. But I'd imagine they're not letting you into the country and you're stuck at the airport until the results come back.
Old May 17, 2020, 3:04 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by evergrn
Interesting.
The article says the results will be available the same day. But I'd imagine they're not letting you into the country and you're stuck at the airport until the results come back.
I read somewhere that you'll be allowed to enter the country and they'll contact you through the app if you test positive. Seems very loose to me, but Iceland has one of the highest per capita rates of testing in the world, so perhaps they feel confident - or perhaps they'll adjust the plan, because that does seem like an unnecessary risk.
Old May 18, 2020, 6:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Really hoping for October. I have two first class tickets and booked Hoshinoya and Aman..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.