Community
Wiki Posts
Search

August vs January pros/cons?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2020, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Can people share the hot spring with these monkeys? That would seem to be the ultimate special experience, but I realize that monkeys (especially males) have big teeth and can be aggressive if they're not just grabbing stuff from humans.
They can not. Visitors aren't supposed to even touch the monkeys anywhere in the park, though I certainly saw a lot of people doing so during my visit.

The monkey park in Kyoto is probably better if you want to have a direct experience with the monkeys that is sanctioned and safe. They allow feeding of the monkeys through a grate that the monkeys can reach through to take the offered food.
Old May 12, 2020, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I think the deer of Nara would better appreciate the company.
https://mainichi.jp/english/articles...0m/0na/021000c
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 13, 2020, 6:16 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Originally Posted by hailstorm
For a dissenting point of view:
WHY SEEING THE SNOW MONKEYS IN JAPAN SUCKED
Interesting...and I don't doubt that it may be true. We didn't witness anything like that in our time.
You definitely can't (and I don't think would want) to share the hot springs - my recollection was that it looked pretty dirty.
There is one ryoken that overlooks the onsen w/ the monkeys - the ryoken has their own hot springs, you can sit outside, and observe the monkeys in theirs (from about 100m)
It's unfortunate that many "wildlife" situations are as was described...although again, we did not see any harassment of the monkeys in our 24 hrs there.
Old May 16, 2020, 4:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I love the Nara deer, even if they can be a. bit aggressive if they think you have food, but free ranging monkeys (Bali, not Japan) scare me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.