Wiki Posts
Search

Transit through NRT with food

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2019, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
Transit through NRT with food

My brother is connecting through NRT on his way to HKG to visit a relative. He would like to bring some pastries and possibly some fruit as presents. I believe HKG allows food to be brought in, as my parents have brought in some limited fruits from BKK in the past. But if you transit through NRT, will they confiscate it from your hand-carry luggage, or mark your checked luggage for arrival inspection?

I transited through NRT on my way to TPE last year and they impose the usual security screening on transit - they just asked me to consume the water from my container and did not bother with the cookies I bought from the duty free. A long time ago, I was transiting through BKK and they asked me to throw away the yogurt and apple from my flight.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
You are not entering Japan so agricultural inspection doesn't apply at Narita.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.