Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3 hours enough to transfer in NRT?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2019, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

3 hours enough to transfer in NRT?

Not sure if this is the best forum to ask this question. But I will be in Japan this coming January 2020 for 5 nights. And want to split the stay between Tokyo and Kyoto. I am arriving from TPE on January 9th noonish at NRT, and I think logistically best to stay in Tokyo for 2 days and take the high speed train to Kyoto on January 11th.

On the return, I need to fly out of NRT on January 14th on Asiana Air to ICN at 12:30pm, then AC to YYZ from ICN.

There is an ANA flight from Osaka to NRT at 7:55am that gets me into NRT at 9:07 am. We will have 2 large suitcase, as this is part of a 4 weeks mini-rtw trip.
So assuming the flight is on time, would that give us enough time to collect our luggage, then get checked in with OZ for our 12:30pm flight?

Or would it be safer to take the high speed train to return to Toyko the night before on January 13th?
Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
3 hours is definitely enough for Narita.
Minimum connection domestic to international is less than 2 hours, and the ITM-NRT flight is usually on time.

You can even check your bags through to the OZ flight. Just go to the "international counter" at Itami(Osaka) for them to tag your luggage through.
Osaka (Itami) : South Terminal Counter No. 11
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/domestic...n/transit.html
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 11:12 pm

Agree. 3 hours is more than enough time.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Also - check with your airlines. They may be able to interline the bags without you claim and check again.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by mahlerfan
Agree. 3 hours is more than enough time.
2 hours is more than enough time in the same terminal. Even 1 hour is likely enough, although I realize that may not be comfortable, especially if a flight is not on time.

As an example, United used to fly SIN-NRT-IAD, same flight number, separate planes, 40 minute connection United deemed that legal. I made it without a problem, and have made other similarly short connections without a problem. Transit security is very efficient.

In your case, Asiana and Air Canada are both Star Alliance and use Terminal 1 South.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.