Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for another great neighborhood to stay

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2019, 11:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold (1K 2016–2023 by miracle extensions; RIP 1K status), 1MM
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
From Kamakura most convenient way to get to coastal area is to take Enoden (cannot use JR pass) which runs between Kamakura and Fujisawa. The train will take you to coastal area of Enoshima. Enoshima (island) itself is a nice place to visit, connected by a bridge between main land.

For other coastal area from Kamakura will be by bus, which can be less frequent than Enoden and during weekends and during rush hours buses can be slow going in the traffic.

P.S.
Alright, you can take JR Yokosuka Line from Kamakura to Yokosuka and Kurihama, both are coastal city. From Kurihama one can take a ferry to cross Tokyo Bay to Boso peninsula to Kanaya.
All these!
Old Aug 15, 2019, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR
Can I ask you OP when you travel to the Tokyo area? I've been keen on using a bike more in Tokyo but I've not been successful- mostly due to clothing and weather constraints. What time of the year are you travelling?
Do you use a basket or a pannier?
For me, I sweat buckets biking in the pacific north west where its perfect biking weather, so I worry I'll just be a perpetual puddle biking around Tokyo between May-Sep.
What type of bike are you using?

I am so sorry I missed this. We have been to Tokyo in May twice and September once. We bike hundreds of kilometers. But casually - not aggressively. It is just our casual mode of transportation. We wear our normal clothes. We have stayed at the Hilton and Park Hyatt in Shinjuku, and both offer free bike rental. They have a basket, and about 8-12 gears if I recall correctly. They work amazing. I would say I like the Hilton bikes better than the Park Hyatt. Let me know of any other questions. We often find we can get places as fast on bikes as we can taking the subway (by the time you walk, find your station, find your train, etc etc), and we stumble upon the most amazing places when on bikes!
pudgym29 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.