Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Japan 90 day temp visitor visa renewal?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Japan 90 day temp visitor visa renewal?

I hold a US passport and traveled to Japan in October 2017. Japan Immigration put a 90 day temporary visitor sticker on my passport.

At the end of this month I will be traveling to Japan for a few days and some of the dates will overlap the expiration date from the last 90 day temp visitor sticker they gave me.

Does anyone know if they will assign me new 90 day temporary visitor sticker upon arrival?

Appreciate the help. Thanks!
Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:32 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Yes, it is 90 days per visit. Unless you have just left the country for a day or two before your return, you'll be fine.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: LH M+M
I did get an exit stamp before departure - which devalidates the UP TO 90 days poststamp-VoA?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 8:50 am

You will get a new visa sticker regardless that the days overlap
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus - Blue / Emirates Skywards - Blue
You won't have an issue at all.
The only time you have an issue is when there is a short space of time between your last departure and latest entry. (on multiple occasions with a visible pattern)
Some people try to avoid getting a proper visa by going to Korea for a day and back and when immigration sees this happening multiple times that's when they get interested and stop you. People who work in less than esteemed lines of work abuse the system in this way.
For genuine tourists not an issue.

-mrploddy
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys, I appreciate the replies. Very helpful!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Originally Posted by mrploddy
You won't have an issue at all.
The only time you have an issue is when there is a short space of time between your last departure and latest entry. (on multiple occasions with a visible pattern)
I did something like this, innocently as a tourist* this last year. I got questioned fairly insistently at both passport control _and_ customs on my reentry, but was let through without issue.

*(I attended the Japan DO, which had an after-DO in Seoul, then returned to Japan to sightsee for a couple of weeks)
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:50 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by angra
I did something like this, innocently as a tourist* this last year. I got questioned fairly insistently at both passport control _and_ customs on my reentry, but was let through without issue.

*(I attended the Japan DO, which had an after-DO in Seoul, then returned to Japan to sightsee for a couple of weeks)
it happens every now and then for tourists (or pseudo-tourists) from hong kong. sometimes i even get a full on pat down a la TSA style after asking if i've brought drugs money or gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.