Search

Narita-Tokyo station-Oshiage

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2017, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Narita-Tokyo station-Oshiage

Hi everyone.

hoping someone can help me.

Im planning to get the NEX round-trip ticket (my last hotel is APA Shinjuku gyoemmae) while my first hotel is One@Tokyo near Oshiage so my plan is to get there from Narita via Narita Express & walk to Otemachi to get to Oshiage.

I know SkyAcess would take me directly to Oshiage but id rather not jostle for space with my 36' luggage so nex seems a better option for narita to oshiage and from shinjuku to narita.

Or is there a better way of doing this? Appreciate any suggestions thanks!
Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: UA, NW
Originally Posted by Nathaniel Yang
Hi everyone.

hoping someone can help me.

Im planning to get the NEX round-trip ticket (my last hotel is APA Shinjuku gyoemmae) while my first hotel is One@Tokyo near Oshiage so my plan is to get there from Narita via Narita Express & walk to Otemachi to get to Oshiage.

I know SkyAcess would take me directly to Oshiage but id rather not jostle for space with my 36' luggage so nex seems a better option for narita to oshiage and from shinjuku to narita.

Or is there a better way of doing this? Appreciate any suggestions thanks!
Taking the N'EX to Tokyo and then walking to Otemachi to reach Oshiage would also have you struggling with luggage on a commuter train, in this case, the Tokyo subway.

Depending on the time of day you travel, SkyAccess may not be particularly crowded, and even coming toward Tokyo in the late afternoon, you would be moving opposite the crowds, who would be heading to the suburbs.

I once took the Keisei slow train from Keisei Ueno to NRT (long story) at 2PM and from NRT to Keisei Ueno at 7PM (another long story) and it was easy to get a seat. The crowd out of NRT on that line appears to consist largely of airport employees who live in the town of Narita or the next few communities, so the crowds thin out the closer you are to Tokyo.

A further consideration is that in Tokyo, the fewer transfers the better.
LapLap likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
I understand that with large luggage you do not want to take a commuter trains with open seating and stops at multiple stations. Another possible options are:

On arrival:
Take Keisei Skyliner from Narita Airport to Nippori. Skyliner is reserved seating and has place to store large luggage.
Then from Nippori station take taxi (since you have a luggage) to your hotel ONE@Tokyo. Taxi ride is about 6 km (3.7 miles), 15 – 20 min., and fare is around 2000 yen.

For departure:
Question will be how you get from APA Hotel Shinjuku-Gyoen-Mae to Shinjuku station with your luggage. Distance between APA Hotel and Shinjuku station is about 1 km (0.6 miles). Too short of a distance for taxi but little bit of walk with large luggage?

APA Hotel is near subway Marunouchi Line Shinjuku Gyoen Mae station, but with large luggage taking a luggage up and down subway stations will not be any better option.

Taxi from PAPA Hotel Shinjuku-Gyoen-Mae to Shinkyku station is about 500 – 700 yen. From Shinjuku station you can take Narita Express, but you do need to navigate through Shinjuku station with a large luggage, which may not be fun either.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 2:01 pm

36" luggage is pretty big. Can you change your hotels? Doesn't seem like you have an optimal set of hotel reservations given your huge luggage and transport considerations. If you're looking for budget accommodations, there's plenty in the Ueno area which is an easy one-shot ride on Skyliner express train from NRT.

Otherwise, for Oshiage (from NRT), I would concur with ksandness and just take the Access train.
pudgym29 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA AA MR HH B6
If I were in this situation I would send the luggage via any of the luggage transport services in Tokyo and go Keisei - Asakusa line route. I'd pack clothes for one day as those luggage deliveries are usually 1 day after.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
I would just take Sky-Access. You are starting at the airport so getting a seat is easy. Most times I have been on it, the carriages are less than 1/2 full. There's lots of locals with suitcases.

It of course get's busier as the train progresses, but you will have a seat.

PS-what time of day is your arrival?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.