Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Are there body scanners in Japan airports?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are there body scanners in Japan airports?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2020, 5:43 am

Update from NRT. As of now, priority lanes have been changed over to go through the same security as the rest, which means default to nudoscope. I was able to ask to go through the WTMD after some gesturing, not sure if there is an official procedure. Unfortunate.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 10:24 am

Has anyone flown recently through Haneda? I will be transiting there (I believe arriving and departing from terminal 3) and am keen to avoid the body scanners. Is it possible to go through a metal detector or opt for a pat down? Or do I even need to go through security again because I won't be changing terminals but staying in the terminal 3 transit hotel overnight?

Last edited by jaykirby; Jan 2, 2021 at 10:50 am
Old Jan 2, 2021, 11:28 am

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC Sapphire, Asiana Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Hyatt Globalist
I flew through HND recently and there were body scanners and also new X-ray machines, more like the type you see at LHR with the multiple packing stations.

Not sure if this was a regular lane vs priority lane type of change, as I’ve never used the regular lane before this. The priority lanes are closed.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by flyboygoon
I flew through HND recently and there were body scanners and also new X-ray machines, more like the type you see at LHR with the multiple packing stations.

Not sure if this was a regular lane vs priority lane type of change, as I’ve never used the regular lane before this. The priority lanes are closed.
Did you have a choice as to which you went through?
Old Jan 2, 2021, 7:18 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC Sapphire, Asiana Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Hyatt Globalist
I was not actively given a choice, though I didn’t object to the X-ray.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 7:58 am

YES. HND T3 transfer security had them. I remember there were two different ones - one lane had a ProVision and the other had a Rohde & Schwarz (the kind where you don't have to put your hands above your head like they have at FRA, or the new LGA terminals).

Opt-out was possible - and in this case you got a manual pat down.

Last edited by Liam Walshe; Mar 26, 2023 at 12:26 am
Old Mar 23, 2023, 10:15 pm

Can confirm still body scanner and manual pat down going through Haneda T3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.